Anthony Joshua cowardly begs Tyson Fury to retire

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jimmy Elders, Sep 8, 2020.

1. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This content is protected

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  2. Cletis VanDamme

Cletis VanDamme Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Nothing to do with Joshua's gold medal, you're making up stories about Kitschko trying to intimidate him in sparring camps and ducking him until he's 40

3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Making up stories?

Wlad tried to intimidate Fury in camp in 2011. That's a fact.

Then he got destroyed in a sauna, which he tried to deny.

Wlad hasn't even got over that loss yet, it's clear for the world to see. He was quick to get behind AJ and try to ignore Fury's existence. He did manage to give an emoji tweet when Fury walked through Wilder in that rematch though. Since Wlad whooped Wilder around in sparring he saw a bit of himself in Fury that night.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  4. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Agree that both their wins vs. Wlad are partially tainted b/c Wlad was about 40 (he certainly was vs. AJ).

I did find AJs suggestion that Fury retire pretty odd, maybe desperate.

Don't agree much w/your comment above:
    Both AJ and Fury's records are awful in comparison to their status. ... I can't believe people defend their records and put them both so high with regard to historical ranking of heavies. It's nuts.
    Depends on how you look at it. Are you referring that fighters these days don't fight as often? That's obviously true. The competition and fights to be made are there in this era - for whatever reasons they just don't make them.
    However Fury or AJ are not "awful", they would wipe the mat w/ past era HWs.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  5. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Aj has flaws there’s no doubt about that, and I have seen them come into his persona in the ring, he has become so manufactured and has so much on the line that it’s impacted on his presence in the ring. It’s like he’s forgot that he’s capable of knocking anyone out.
    Fury doesn’t care he has no fear he knows what it’s like to lose everything, and that has made him stronger.
    They have both fought their way to the top with different expectations and pressures on them, fury constantly underestimated and Joshua constantly overestimated, it’s easier to underachieve than it is to overachieve.
    That’s not a defence for either they are difficult to compare for many reasons but the one difference between them that is clear as day is that Tyson Fury doesn’t show fear, that’s not to say he isn’t scared, but he hides it if he is and that’s how a champion should be.
    Then again he was caught out with eating the world record amount of wild boar and it gave an adverse nandrolone result.
    Both have pros and cons to argue about but wilder is just an absolute awful champion who has hidden behind his power, a power he can only deliver on absolute suckers, I think he did well to avoid whyte because he would have roughed him right up, and let’s not forget the first Ortiz fight when he was given extra time to have his invisible cuts looked at

6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Would like Fury and Joshua to fight so Fury can shut him up. Joshua is irritating.

MarkusFlorez99 and Jimmy Elders like this.
  7. Jimmy Elders

Jimmy Elders Ha ha bye bye intentional cuck banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2020
    I lost a lot of respect for the klitschko brothers during the Fury fight and after and I had been a K2 fan since the 1996 olympics

it’s disgraceful how wlad has behaved towards Fury ever since even though Fury told him in the ring afterwards that he was a great champion

8. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    Warren is an awful person. Scamming c*nt that cheats his fighters. There’s a reason someone’s tried to kill him.

9. Jimmy Elders

Jul 31, 2020
    shut up you little punk

chico g likes this.
  10. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    Why do you use yank patter when you’re clearly not from America? Punk, nerd, dork etc.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    A wee bit strange since Fury just the other day confirmed that he intends to fight until no longer capable.

He realizes now that family and boxing are the twin fountains from which he draws his strength.

And Fury beat the better version.

I like AJ but he needs to understand that he will be judged on whether or not he makes this fight. I definitely think that Fury is the favorite, and Joshua is a live dog. Its a great fight, and great fighters make great fights.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    He was a year and a half older for AJ, and inactive the entire time. So the point stands. Fury's win was miles better.

It is kind of funny, because these sorts of things didn't used to be controversial. When a fighter ended another fighter's great reign, he got credit for it. Now boxing is political and there is always an asterix.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  13. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    In regards to Fury v Klitschko, it does seem that the avoidance was from the Klitschko side if it was from anyone.
    Fury beat Chisora, taking his 0, and then Chisora, went on to get the Klitschko fight.
    The Fury Johnson fight was some kind of eliminator, if I recall.
    The Fury Cunningham fight was an eliminator.
    The Fury Hammer fight was an eliminator.
    At least that's how the story goes. It does appear Fury had a lot of ''eliminators'' before he got the fight.

14. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Fury's team did wait until Wlad started to look faded. It's a pity Deontay didn't get his hands on Wlad's scrawny neck. Those shiny Wba Wbo and Ibf belts would have looked good on the bronze bomber indeed. Now the prima donna bodybuilder is holding them ransom.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  15. Jimmy Elders

Jul 31, 2020
    listen little middleweight you don’t have a clue who I am or where I’m really from or where I may have spent time in the past

I’ll talk however I choose you have no say in what words I choose to use

it’s time you grew up and realised the world doesn’t revolve around you and your hero anthony joshua or whatever his silly little name is

chico g likes this.