Anthony Joshua has little to no chance in the rematch (serious post)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by notjustacasual, Jul 19, 2019.

1. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    For all my enjoyment of seeing Joshua fall it was more to do with Hearns and his casual fans. Joshua himself seems like an ok guy to me.

But he aint winning this rematch.

Go back and watch the Nestor fight. Go back and watch the savon fight. Then Takam, Povetkin, Ruiz.

The same weaknesses have been there for like a decade. You ain't training it out of him in one camp.

There's certain fighters Joshua can look great against. But small fighters who are active and a bit mobile aren't them.

Joshua bends his knees and fights to their level, he has no control of distance and doesn't know how to use his height.

Klitschko is great at maintaining distance as he demonstrated vs Joshua who only won by turning the fight into a brawl which isn't Wlad's game, after Klitschkos old legs got tired. Before that Klitschko looked a level above.

Rematches can be win by the original loser, but more often if the original loser I'd an intelligent fighter who was in the first fight.

Joshua is not an intelligent fighter and wasn't really in the first fight after 3 rounds.

Ruiz is all wrong for Joshua, the styles favour him and he can take AJ'S power and AJ cannot take his.

If AJ switched trainers to someone who could teach him to use his height and reach he may have a shot vs Ruiz.... in 4-5 fights time. Not in 3 months.

Don't buy into the sky matchroom hype, use your logical brain.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    No, if AJ has actually stuck to the game plan and instructions from mcracken he would’ve beat Ruiz.

What they didn’t expect was for Ruiz to fight back after getting dropped and that’s what threw everything out of the window for AJ

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I agree with your analysis re AJ v shorter fighters but he does have a solid chance of winning.

shavers and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    He under estimated Ruiz,

if he boxes like he did v Parker he will win.

5. TheRevAshton

TheRevAshton Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Joshua already has the tools to comfortably beat Ruiz, he just needs to be more cautious and use his brain more. He thought Ruiz was done, looking to survive and made silly mistakes whilst going for a highlight reel KO - Ruiz was underestimated once, he won't be underestimated again.

I know a lot of people don't wanna believe it, but AJ is still the favourite.

AJ's gonna beat that boy - via brutal KO! :boxing1

Camaris, YearZero, shavers and 2 others like this.
  6. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    Interested as to what tactics ypu would advise

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Body shots. I’d like to see Anthony jab to the body because god knows he has the reach and handspeed to do it effectively. Slow down Ruiz, force his left hand to drop low a bit. Everything should start to the body in this rematch for AJ. Keep it as long as possible, hold whenever it gets close.

Ruiz has fast hands but not enough is made of Joshua’s handspeed. Look back at the right uppercut left hook combo that floored Ruiz. It’s absolutely ****ing rapid. Then he lands a lightening fast straight right hand moments later.

For the record I have Ruiz as favourite and I do believe he will win again but I’ll defo have a look at AJ by KO early odds because I can see it happening.

S.K and Tyson Furry like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Of the ref in in his pocket again, yes.

9. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Joshua has it all to do and needs to show some serious mental toughness and hunger to get those belts back. Ruiz seems like a bad match up because I think he has a solid chin (chins) and will take AJ’s punches and still come forward which AJ doesn’t like.

All that being said, Joshua is still a very good heavyweight and just like nobody gave Ruiz a chance, AJ can’t be dismissed either. It’s a great fight, very intriguing.

10. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Joshua is damaged goods. Ruiz will clean him out.

11. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Not as damaged as your namesake after he got cobra'd!! Joshua can win, there's not a HW out there he can't beat, but he also has vulnerabilities which will make every fight involving Joshua an exciting one!

12. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Will be interesting to see if the bodybuilder comes in lighter against that ferocious blob. Ruiz coming in heavier was a master stroke, because the heavier version of Joshua was pummelled into submission. Joshua's not a back foot type fighter either. His only way of beating Ruiz is fighting negative, and outpointing him in my opinion.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  13. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Agree, he’ll have to fight ugly at times but think he can get the KO.

14. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    AJ clearly was not right that evening and still managed to floor Ruiz before getting careless and leaving himself open, I'd say he has more than "little to no chance". Not saying he wins the rematch in fact I'd favour Ruiz, AJ is simply not the same fighter since he signed up to VADA testing, he has gotten gradually worse since then but writing him off is silly when he has advantages in size, power and will be better prepared for this.

AJ has a real, legitimate chance.

15. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    I don't know if VADA testing has as much to do with it as being seconds away from being ko'd by klitschko.

Before that he had a swagger and confidence to his work, every fight since that one he has looked like a guy protecting glass to me.

Gatekeeper likes this.