Anthony Joshua has now become massively underrated

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Can I box, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Can I box

Can I box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Anthony Joshua has beat:
    - Whyte
    - Parker
    - Brezeale
    - Klitschko
    - Takam
    - Povetkin

Tell me another heavyweight who has had 7 high level fights in a row without fighting an absolute bum in between? He’s won 6 out of the 7 fights.

2. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I've read 50 times now that Andy Ruiz Jr. will destroy AJ again and it will play out exactly like in fight #1. Must be true if everyone here says it.

3. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Yeah it’s crazy how some people’s opinion can swing so wildly from one side to the other on a single loss.

4. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    In all fairness though he fought Molina after Whyte. Never considered him to be any good.

Badbot likes this.
  5. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Yes, he has become underrated because most boxing fans (especially on here) are extremely bi-polar. Losing 1 fight means you were never good anyway and your career is over....

J-Rock is calling you emotional fan-girls out.

Anyway, the heavyweight division is still quite frankly rubbish. Yes, AJ did really well to fight everyone who was top rated (besides Wilder and Fury) however those guys are rubbish. Takam & Brezeale are far from world class in any other ear. Klitschko was almost 2 years since his last fight, and 41 years old. Povetkin was 39 years old.

Don't get me wrong, AJ is sill a top 5 fighter, he is world class, and he is amazing for heavyweight boxing worldwide. It is a shame the way he has been written of completely as if everyone is happy to see him go. I'm not and can't wait to see him back.

Aydamn, It's Ovah, FastSmith7 and 2 others like this.
  6. TheRevAshton

TheRevAshton Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Agreed, but to be fair the fact that he lost to Ruiz is like a wet dream to the Fury/Wilder fans and for AJ's general haters... let 'em enjoy it for a few months I guess! AJ splats Ruiz in the rematch! ;)

Oreet Cha! and Perkin Warbeck like this.
  7. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  8. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Been saying this all along. If AJ beats Ruiz in the rematch. I'm going to be bumping up threads and quoting.

9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    AJ Loses one fight and becomes a bum

Yet I am reading everywhere on here that Parker is the future or comments of that nature

Using the AJ logic, how does that work?

He just lost two in a row (ignoring the bum fight in NZ)

Shouldn't he be a double bum then?

AJ is still top 3

We will know more after the rematch

10. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Joshua loses a fight and all of a sudden he's a bum? Lads we need to hold off on any judgements until we see just how he responds.

11. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    It really depends on which Joshua turns up. The fact he brought in a sports psychologist for the Ruiz fight tells me he is struggling with the pressure. That sports psychologist should never work again by the way.

12. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Funny, I have never been an AJ fan as I am Team Wilder all the way...

Even still, I will pulling for AJ to climb back and reclaim his glory.

The only thing more shameful than the fake media who built AJ up in the first place are all the phony, bandwagon fans who are now turning their backs on AJ

Im hoping AJ proves all of these people wrong and gets his big legacy fight against Wilder

Special one, sid, nickpoppunk and 4 others like this.
  13. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Joshua is definitely not a bum and still has a ton of potential. However, he needs to be more active, since despite being a former champion he’s still very inexperienced and needs to keep growing as a fighter. Also, in the rematch he needs to fight smart and not try to force the knockout like he did in the first fight.

Marco904 likes this.
  14. All the gear and no idea

All the gear and no idea New Member banned Full Member

Jun 18, 2019
    No,
    Most of us have always known he was a hype job. Joshua Quitting half way through a fight just proved it.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  15. Marco904

Marco904 Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Surely you can't consider a unified world champ with several defences a hype job after one loss? How does the stoppage prove it exactly? We need to at least see the rematch before making these type of statements!