Anthony Joshua New Trainer (Again)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, May 30, 2022.

1. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Prior to going to the US he was the main man of the division, the biggest draw, he could seemingly do no wrong and even managed to quite easily ride out the racist message he sent Eddie Chambers. His last meal is this Usyk rematch, which will be another defeat. After that I think people are going to very quickly lose interest, something that seemed unthinkable 3 years ago, certainly not as quickly as it has come around.

Accurate likes this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    He still is the biggest draw. Guy loses twice and both times the rematch site fee is astronomical.

I have no doubt the ppv numbers from the rematch again will hit 1 million buys.

To think there were some claiming usuyk was being screwed with a rematch clause lol. Dude is getting a 50% split and will make more money from this AJ rematch than he ever will afterwards.

3. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    Saudi Arabia " site fee' is possible not reflect real value on Anthony Joshua . they have money to lose & burn money no problem. stink rich filth rich Saudi.

4. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    This is the reason some guys literally want a rematch clause. Bivol is not the same boat guy got $4m for first fight makes a minimum of $10-20m in the rematch give he’s got a solid rematch clause.

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Honestly I find it amazing that the Saudi pay so much for a popular UK fighter it's almost like they are trying to do something.

6. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    You mean like the king getting to **** on AJ's chest?

7. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    They do indeed but AJ isn't the only fighter in the world. His the guy they have put up the money for twice now.

To think his popularity and value has no bearing on this would be silly.

One can even remove the the Saudi site fee and just go by ppv numbers.

AJ v Usyk 2 will comfortably draw more buys than Fury v Whyte.

8. FastLeft

Apr 23, 2022
    yes Whyte was no hoper.

9. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Didn't stop 90k people attending or the promoter saying it would do 1 mil ppv buys.

The argument I was making is AJ v usuyk 2 will be extremely successful as there is nothing to suggest his popularity has taken some major decline.

There is only one fighter in this country who you can pretty much bank on doing 1 mil buys and at worst not far off 1 mil.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Mitch87 likes this.
  10. FastLeft

Apr 23, 2022
    I don't know. Usyk is big fight . I don't know if Joshua pull 1 million TV Ppv with any type fighter like Pulev example.

11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    We'll always have "brilliant AJ! " when he got absolutely banged up. Absolutely hilarious.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't like AJ but he's got a lot of tools to work with. If a trainer can improve his stamina, ring IQ and inside work he can be champion again. However, I don't know if any trainer can do that. It's not an easy task.

Also what works against AJ is the fact he doesn't like to fight in deep waters. Can a trainer rectify that issue? Unlikely but not impossible. Stamina comes into that aspect of things.

I'm looking forward to the rest of AJ's career to see if a trainer can bring him on. Age is not on his side either.

djfonti and Glenn McKrory like this.
  13. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Can’t train Brain
    Can’t train Chin
    Can’t train Heart

AJ is done.

Ngubu, chico g, Glenn McKrory and 2 others like this.
  14. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    I don’t mind AJ but he just comes across as someone who’s confused and doesn’t know what type of fighter he is. Too bothered what people think ‘I wanted to show people I could box’ etc... who cares what people think. Get the win at all costs. Seems to seek reassurance when things go wrong too.

15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This content is protected

Definitely coming in as a tactician to oversee the camp