Anthony Joshua New Trainer (Again)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, May 30, 2022.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Very true mate and been stating this for years.

The list of people in World Heavyweight Title Fights shows an incredible number of puddings with some deluxe puddings actually winning vacant belts and some Hall of Fame Puddings having more than one attempt such as Pudding Pulev.

tee_birch likes this.
  2. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    In the first part of your statement, you say that Joshua pitched a shutout in the second Ruiz fight; yet in the second part of your statement, you say that he may have won every single round. This leads me to suspect that you don't actually know what a shutout is. :lol:

3. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    Crazy to think that Rob 'Brilliant, AJ! Just brilliant!' McCracken is the lesser of two evils in this particular scenario.

Jurgen likes this.
  4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    You can’t train the elements AJ lacks. The fact with Usyk like anyone is that they can be hit but you have to be willing to take shots to land your own and AJ never threw back when he was being hit. I thought that was the whole point of the rematch

Jurgen and Oneirokritis like this.
  5. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Joshua's whole mistake was losing those puny muscles. Trimming him down to 17 stone when he was a 18 stone monster was a mistake. He beat Wlad at 250. Losing to blob Ruiz made him think his conditioning was the problem. It wasn't. Just the strategy of being overly aggressive against a blubberous foe who wasn't going to lose in 3 rounds. It's over for the bodybuilder now, what ever he does. Fury and Usyk will go on to bigger things. Legacy over in just 2 fights.

Jurgen and aaaaa like this.
  6. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I thought the "Brilliant AJ" cries were from the Wolverhampton man?

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Wlad was an old man at 41 and still had Dell Boy Joshua badly hurt.

Dell Boy Joshua was a good British Heavyweight about the standard of Danny Williams who reaped the most rewards from Fury's meltdown cleaning up through the vacant belt routes against old men and puddings.

Never rated him significantly better than Whyte or Chisora after watching round 2 v Whyte years ago and he will always get found out in a live contest fighting a non pudding or not an old man.

Bob Flaps likes this.
  8. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    They had to teach AJ to at least try and "box" because any time he gets dragged into punching by live opponents, he gets hurt. Whyte, Wlad, Ruiz. Usyk has no real heavyweight power but any time he blitzed the punches (rounds 12 in fight 1 and 10 in fight 2) AJ was literally on the ropes. The problem is, he will take so long to learn to box he'll be retired first.

Oneirokritis and Jurgen like this.
  9. tee_birch

Jul 6, 2014
    Whyte would be the worst option in my opinion. Just got battered and KOd stiff by Fury.

If AJ was promoted by any other person other than Hearn they would feed him an absolute bum to KO and not try and drive a PPV.

MR/DAZN are under so much pressure they will be forcing him in to fighting in December against an ok opponent when he is 2/3 in the last 5 and his confidence/reputation at an all time low.

He needs a bum on free to air TV and a highlight reel KO, in my opinion.

10. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Sounds like he needs the Pudding Pulev trilogy fight

11. tee_birch

Jul 6, 2014
    The problem is anyone in the top 10/15 knows they have half a chance vs AJ now the aura is gone

Dave Allen wouldn’t surprise me at this point. Even David Price

Oneirokritis likes this.
  12. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    Rob McCracken is the Wolverhampton man of which you speak. He was saying "Brilliant, AJ! Just brilliant!" in the corner to Joshua during the first Usyk fight, as though Joshua was boxing like the 1966 version of Ali and shutting Usyk out.

13. Oneirokritis

Dec 18, 2015
    I think even Whyte would fancy his chances and have a go now, although I'd still fancy Joshua to box on the back foot, use his jab and chin Whyte in the mid rounds. As you say, it'll probably end up being Chisora or someone equally uninspiring. Casuals and Matchroom apologists will eat it up, but any sensible follower of the sport will see through it.

Accurate and Glenn McKrory like this.
  14. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Yuo say he is poorer for losing the muscle mass, then try to use the bodybuilder quip as a negative..... Hypocrite much?

15. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Zero chance Del fights AJ given their connections back to the amateur gym. Whyte on the other hand could happen very easily and he's already been back on IFL calling AJ out.

Oneirokritis likes this.