Anthony Joshua: "No one told me about Lineal ... I knew about IBO"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Dec 14, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Sorry, I am well aware that there is a separate thread about this but this statement from Joshua warrants its own thread so that fans here can see this fraud from Watford, UK, for what he really is. Genuine quote from Joshua:

This content is protected

This absolute charlatan of a world champion has said loud and clear on US Television that he regards the IBO World Heavyweight Title above Lineal World Heavyweight Champion status. He will stoop to ANY depths possible to avoid Tyson Fury because he knows he would get slapped silly by Fury.

This is the most pathetic thing I've seen from Joshua since he reneged on his $50m promise. How does this guy have any fans?

Like I said, I apologise for making another thread but I don't want this statement to get lost in that one. This needs to be seen by all genuine fans of the sport. This man is a complete and utter fraud.

2. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    That puts Joshua in the same scarily delusional bracket as Eubank Jnr. IBO is even more worthless than the WBA "regular" trinket.

I agree Joshua is clearly very wary of getting schooled by Fury.

3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    The IBO is a minor belt that edged major status for a while, but is back to minor status again.
    My take
    IBF
    WBC
    WBA
    WBO
    GBP/Ring (used to be #1)
    IBO
    WBA secondary

Then we have the statusgivers as TBRB other publications that try to give lineal status. But it's too much up for debate at this point. The TBRB has their version of the "lineal heavyweight championship" vacant at the moment.

4. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    He's putting the pressure on Wilder to fight him in April. Not sure how he deserves criticism for that :thinking:

de Morhalle and deadACE like this.
  5. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    WBA
    WBC
    IBF
    GBP/ Ring
    WBA Secondary
    WBO
    IBO

Lineal champ

6. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Lol using ignorance as an excuse, classic Big Josh. Wants absolutely none of that gypsy slickness.

ipitythefool, 305th and CutThroatFade like this.
  7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Why so much hate for AJ???

Breazer5678 and de Morhalle like this.
  8. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    You've just taken a part of the quote to support your **** argument. He listed all of the belts and said he wasn't aware of the lineal title because in every other division it isn't a thing. The lineal argument from Tyson is fraudulent bollocks and I am a Tyson fan, he is just clinging on to it to make himself a draw. No one gets into the pro game saying I want to be lineal champion but every fighter wants the straps. Regardless of what you think of AJ, most other fighters would agree with him.

9. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    The IBO, TBRB, and Boxrec are the best. They rank the best fighters without prejudice, plain and simple, rather than rank and hand out belts to the fighters of their favoured promoters. Those swooning over the big 4 and running down fair ranking systems probably watch fashion shows when deciding what to wear or wait for politicians to forment their opinions for them.

Jamzy ⭐ and de Morhalle like this.
  10. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    IBO is bull**** as is lineal, ones unrecognised and the other is a fantasy title that doesn't even exist.

Boxers will always credit whatever they have as that's part of their promotion although Joshua seemed genuine when he said that. Maybes he doesn't follow the sport that in depth, many fighters don't and just goes with the belts. Maybes he's confused by the amount of belts and has no idea which ones mean anything anymore, do any of them mean a whole lot in this age, the fighter makes the belt now.

Hell you have guys talk about WBA regular as if its a real recognised title and that's a paper belt as well, it's already being billed as a world title between Alvarez and Fielding and that's not the case either.

They did Joshua v Jacobs and said Golovkin was trying to clean up the belts, he'd already discarded that one to become super champ so why did he need it again.

They'll do the same with Miller. Boxing is a joke for this sort of **** so I can see how people get mixed up if they aren't avant followers (and yes many boxers aren't avant follower, Froch hasn't got a clue who he is watching half the time and he's a commentator now) .

Jamzy ⭐ and de Morhalle like this.
  11. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Surely an IBO belt that has been defended three time sis more worth than a lineal that hasnt in three years.

de Morhalle likes this.
  12. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Lineal championship is the worst worthless of all.

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    No agenda here. Just butcher the quote.

14. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Every young boxer goes to sleep dreaming about IBO titles.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  15. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Got to agree. I'm a big Fury fan also and never bought into all the lineal stuff. It would have more weight if he'd stayed active after beating "the man" but he didn't. He doesn't like that reality, I don't like it myself but that is the reality.

He is the man in the division I believe that, but he can't claim to be the champion right now (although he should be able to, after the WBC robbery)

de Morhalle likes this.