Anthony Joshua: "No one told me about Lineal ... I knew about IBO"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Dec 14, 2018.

1. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    yeh that as well as peds.

2. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    He wasn't ped fighting wlad because if that's the case? Why that fight vs wlad wasnt change to a no contest?

3. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    acutally you are right, top man thanks for pointing it out. Sorry for that.

4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    If you are going with that, then why weren't all Holyfield fights at HW no contests?

5. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    at this rate Jermaine Taylor can make a comback and say he is still Linear Champion.

6. rayhogan

Aug 26, 2006
    But foreman retired and officially lost to Briggs before announce hes retired for good which means foreman no longer the man to beat. Fury is back and boom hes still the man to beat.

7. rayhogan

Aug 26, 2006
    Because it wasn't proves he was on peds? Smh are you for real?

8. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Pro-tip - why do you think they want the straps? Hur dur to make themselves more of a draw, exactly like you're accusing Fury of doing.

So when Fury eventually gets the green and gold, how are you going to weasel your way out of Joshua avoiding him then?

One minute Joshua "wants to fight the best", the next he wants the belts...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    CutThroatFade likes this.
  9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Right! Everyone knows he was, and still none were overturned because it wasn't proven.
    So that means, not overturned ≠ not on peds.
    In Fury's case, even the fight he was caught for wasn't even overturned (Hammer).
    Teper KO2 Price, never overturned. Thompson TKO5 Price, never overturned. Nery TKO4 Yamanaka, never overturned. And I can go on and on.

10. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Lineal belts are bull****.

11. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Jesus you went to the trouble of finding every post in the last seven years that I have mentioned the word lineal, slightly worrying. My point was that Fury fans are only using lineal because there isn’t any other way to claim he’s the champ, they don’t care about lineal in any other division.

12. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The true order of world h/w championships:

Top tier - Lineal championship - beat the man & you are the man. The media, crooked sanctioning bodies & rabid fans on boxing forums can't take it off you. Only someone who beats you in the ring can.

Second tier - WBC & IBF titles - most representative of the 'world' in terms of champions & ratings

Third tier - WBA Super & WBO titles - the first is a tin pot Latin American organisation with history. The second is a better organised Latin American organisation without any.

Fourth tier - WBA Regular - more prestigious than other 'interim' titles b/c if there's no "Super" champ, you are the champ.

Fifth tier - IBO, WBC Silver, IBF Interim & WBA Interim