Anthony Joshua Offered Fight On McGregor vs Mayweather Card By UFC Heavyweight Champ Stipe Miocic

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Scott90s, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Scott90s

Scott90s Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2017
    UFC’s top heavyweight has offered the Olympic golden boy a ticket to the biggest show on earth on the Maywaether/McGregor undercard.

Miocic said: “Me against Joshua would be a great fight.

“I think I’d surprise a lot of people, I think it’d be an amazing fight – let’s do it! He’s a great guy. He’s tough, he’s a champion for a reason. I think I’d give him a run for his money.”

“If the guys offer me the chance to fight Anthony Joshua – and they offer me a lot of money – then of course I am going to fight him. Boxing is a different sport but those guys are asking because there could be a lot of money in it, that’s all.

“I have watched Joshua, he is incredible. But in boxing there is always a chance, I will never say there is no chance. If I take the fight I am going to take that chance. If I hit him in the right spot then I know he is going to go down. I know I have the power to knock out anyone.

"To be honest the guy is an amazing boxer. I think right now Joshua is the No1 heavyweight in the world. I don’t think he is one of the best in the era but at this time I think he can beat anyone in the heavyweight boxing division.”

2. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I hope he was just responding to another stupid question from a journalist. No money, no interest and no reason.

3. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    I'm a fan of Stipe but come on... just focus on Cain and defending your HW UFC strap dude.

Kevin Willis likes this.
  4. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    The undercard will be exclusively TMT fighters on the left side, Ashley Theopane, Tank Davis, that british chick Savannah Marshall he just signed and a few of the lesser known TMT fighters.

5. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Dana White probably put him up to it because he wants him out of the way or to look bad so he can make it easier to hand N'gumbo the HW title.

Todd498 likes this.
  6. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    That's actually a strong possibility. ****ing Dana is such a sleaze. Lol

Kevin Willis likes this.
  7. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    This. Plus his ko punch in ufc would be classed as weak for heavyweight boxing. He gets stretched by anything AJ throws with intentions !

8. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    One day your gonna hear a ufc fighter has physically gone to town on White ! Theres being a gaffa then theres White who treats them like a piece of meat !

9. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    Hahaha!! That wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's a slime ball.

Kevin Willis likes this.
  10. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    yeah hes slimy on another level. I seen him talkin to BJ Penn once that warranted a dig. The old boy Don Frye has me laughing. Asked what he would do if white said **** to him. " I kick that Ass all round his office"...and he would, contract or no contract