Anthony Joshua 'Team'

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Surely part of the problem? apparently he has a team of at least 30 with him at all time (not including trainers and people he manages)

One is that guy from Love Island Josh, now obviously this does not matter 1 bit in the Ring.

But having the stag doo mentality of 30 guys telling you how brilliant you are and having you chilled , laid back and making you think your are the best ever was always going to be a problem at one point?

As much as Tony Bellew wasn't everyone cup of tea, the fact he had a bit of aggresion about him and had it nearly every fight made him get the most out his ability.

Joshua needs to have changes and quickly.

NasalSpray likes this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Firstly the Love Island Guy is a sports reporter online who works for LadBible or something similar and who has been working for Matchroom now for a while doing interviews and media pieces.

Secondly, what’s wrong with AJ looking after his childhood friends and keeping them close as part of his management team? I think it’s honourable that he’s looking after them and essentially putting them on his pay roll. He’s looking after his day ones which is a really great thing.

3. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Fair enough about Love Island,

Yeah it is honorable looking after them, you can look after people and go away for a ten week camp and not have them with you every step of the way.

He under estimated Ruiz because he has too many Yes men and believed his own hype.

4. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    or Ruiz is just better than him.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  5. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    The entourage is always the first excuse when someone loses...dont get me wrong I think its ridiculous he has that many people with him bit it has nothing to do with it. Ruiz was the better man plain and simple..he was trying to knock Joshua's head off his shoulders! !

Still buzzing from that fight tbh!

6. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Having that huge entourage of people show's me that he is mentally weak, fair enough, training team, nutritionist then some close family but going around with a group that size is too much.

DON1 likes this.
  7. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Its utterly ridiculous he has that many around him. Its historically known in boxing, where the champ is thats where the cretins follow. Lets see how many of them remain now he isnt the champ.

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I always remember when broner took his first loss to maidana. He left the dressing room and did the ring walk with an enterauge of about 20 body's. He got dropped twice in the fight and lost convincingly. He made his way back to his dressing room by himself. None of his so called friends made the journey with him.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Sephiroth Rising 7 and DON1 like this.