Anthony Joshua vs. Joe Frazier, who you got?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Kid-Dynamite, Jul 20, 2016.

1. gregluland

gregluland Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 20, 2011
    This the most premature match up in history, Joshua is a virtual novice in comparison and not once in his life has he fought anything remotely like a Frazier.

2 or 3 rounds and the kid is out cold

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  2. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    If Joshua retires today his best victory is Charles Martin. That's not enough to favour against someone like Frazier who beat Ali and Quarry.

But if Joshua goes on to beat Wilder, Fury, Povetkin and the best the division has to offer, then yeah why can't he be favoured over top names.

Just not right now.

3. I don't think Joshua is going to have too much trouble with any sub 205 pounder whos a slow starter. Names cannot win fights,the actual skills have to be compared along with how they match up. its pretty evident to me Joshua is the real deal and ive never seen anyone at near 250 with all round skills as he does ,hes also very fast for his build and hes just fast period.

Frazier has never beat a power puncher beyond Boneveana nd Quarry who was 190 pounds and slow. I don't see how Frazier survives a huge power puncher ,whos hard to hit like AJ....and even if he did Frazier doesnot have one punch concussive power,the mathis fights shows that he needed many punches to topple the 240 pounder. Joshua would win this and do it faster than foreman did even to a prime Frazier.

Joshua inside 3 rnds ,he's just to strong and has Foreman by 30 pounds or so!

4. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Welcome back Glover, Tommo, Merchants Ghost.

5. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Whilst I would have have to favour Frazier there's no way I'd back him financially to do the job.

Not sure if it's a contradiction or not but I have Frazier as the favourite but if I had to bet my mortgage it would be on Joshua.

6. Well the one you think will win is the one you would put anything on if it came down to it, which is interesting because reading some of the posts I can't see or don't believe fans would be that brave in some of the picks they post if it came down to it.some of these matches are a bit one sided to me. I can't possibly see Frazier beating Joshua but each to his own as im guessing in this section the newer fighters wont get much credit despite good break downs. I remember watching Joshua three years ago and saying that's the next Hw champion,im down the middle here as im from the states so nationality and nonsense is thrown out the window with me.

I personally would make Joshua a 20 to 1 favorite on the basis that Bonevena almost tko's Frazier in 2 rounds,these are the things one has to take into consideration among the other points I made.

7. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I can't make an argument for Joshua winning that I'm happy with. But despite how greater Frazier is, I just wouldnt stake any money on him in this match up.

With the bookies I'd imagine it's 4-5 type odds for each man.

And if Joshua's career pans out as many expect, the odds might not be that generous again in his career.

Joshua is the safe bet, but not necessarily who I'd expect to win.

A similar example is Donaire v Rigo. I expected Donaire to win but couldn't refuse the odds offered for Rigo, fortunately the bookies were wrong.

8. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Far too soon. Joshua's only chance is to blaze Frazier out early, which seems unlikely. The guy froze a bit when White hit him. Imagine what Frazier would have done to him? Horrible.

9. Fair enough but you don't compare greatness, you match up the skill sets and other points like how they fared against comparable opponents, and Frazier has struggled with Joshua like guys. Joshua has never fought guys that would be considered too small for him and also Joshua is a former track and field star his stamina is not going any where if for some reason Frazier makes it out of the early rounds...my two cents.

10. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    frazier demolishes him so far.

11. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    My point from the other thread still stands.

If Joshua unifies and destroys everyone and lives up to the hype, it's fair to favour him.

If he goes 0-10 in his next ten fights it isn't.

I agree that skill set is a better indicator than resume, but the skill set has to be proven at the highest level.

12. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Yes its much too premature.I think Parker will give Joshua a very hard nights work and would not be astonished if he won.

13. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    In 1973 joe Frazier fought a man who the critics said had never beaten anybody, was slow crude and untested... what a surprise they got when Joe hit the deck three times in the first round and was finished in the second. The man who did the job was 6'3", around 220 lbs which is a bit small next to 6'6" 245.

14. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Smoking Joe by savage early KO

15. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007