Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker & Alexander Povetkin vs. David Price RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Mar 31, 2018.

1. PinoyProdigy

PinoyProdigy Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Round 1: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 2: 10-9 Parker
    Round 3: 10-9 Parker
    Round 4: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 5: 10-9 Parker
    Round 6: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 7: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 8: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 9: 10-9 Parker
    Round 10: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 11: 10-9 Joshua
    Round 12: 10-9 Joshua

116-112 Joshua

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    We only differed on 4 & 6. :thumbsup:

KiwiMan and PinoyProdigy like this.
  3. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Same here. Everybody I was watching with didn't score it but "felt it was an 8-4 decision for AJ".

CST80 likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Okay, I rescored it, this time watching the Sky broadcast, wow:lol: the Froch ass kissing fest was abhorrent. It was almost as biased as Atlas and Tessitore during the Pac-Horn match. But as with those two, I never let outside influences effect me, I can totally block them out.

Round 1 Joshua 10-9 Very Close
    Round 2 Parker 10-9
    Round 3 Parker 10-9 Close
    Round 4 Joshua 10-9 Very Close
    Round 5 Parker 10-9
    Round 6 Parker 10-9 Close
    Round 7 Parker 10-9 Very Close
    Round 8 Joshua 10-9
    Round 9 Parker 10-9
    Round 10 Joshua 10-9 Close
    Round 11 Parker 10-9 Close
    Round 12 Joshua 10-9 Close

115-113 Parker

116-112, 114-114 are also fine.

Quite frankly, this is one of those rare occasions where scorecards like this would be perfectly acceptable. Multiple 10/10 rounds wouldn't be a stretch. The fight was that close.
    117-115, 116-114, 116-113, 117-117, 116-116, 115-115

The fight was that close, I switched on Rounds 1, 3, 11 and 12.

Quite frankly, this is one of those rare occasions where scorecards like this would be perfectly acceptable. Multiple 10/10 rounds wouldn't be a stretch. The fight was that close.
    117-115, 116-114, 116-113, 117-117, 116-116, 115-115

The fight was that close, I switched on Rounds 1, 3, 11 and 12.

The first, third and fourth rounds, there's very little landed between, you can barely separate the two, they're as close to even as you can get, it would be acceptable to score all three 10/10. The seventh Joshua didn't land enough up top, Parker slipped many of his jabs, and he was plugging away, hammering AJ to the body off and on throughout the round, it was enough for me to edge it in Parker's direction, its one of the few rounds even Froch had 10/10, that one deserves a rewatch from many of you. I will admit, I was a little distracted by something, (the cellphone, I was ignoring a call:lol:) during the last two rounds yesterday, and didn't concentrate as much as I should have, and flat out missed the last few seconds of the 12th, which is where AJ did his best work, so I got that one wrong, but it was still fairly close with Parker doing some decent body work.

That being said, my original score, aside from the 11th and 12th is perfectly fine as well.

Rockradar likes this.
  5. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Give the 6th, 7th and 11th another far closer look, preferably with the volume off.

6. the factor

the factor Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    So you watched again and you changed 4 rds and this time you get 6 alternate scores? All you doing is telling us that you don't know what you are doing. Watch it another 20 times and you might come up with the correct score which is 2 rds to JP and no other alternate scores. You keep harping on about everyone ignoring Parker's body shots but compubox which I know is far from reliable had AJ landing 46 to Parker's 40 so maybe it's just you ignoring AJ's work. Even the Kiwi fans boys who for months have posted how Parker messes him up have humbly come on here and admitted he was well beaten. The Kiwi judge gave him one rd and Parker himself admitted he was beaten. You need to stop looking for support from your small band of followers show some humility and admit you are wrong or learn how to judge a fight. You are one of most knowledgeable people here but you have extreme difficulty in the areas of assessing the outcome of a fight and judging and it all stems from you're one eyed bias.

The Ogdoad and zeratul like this.
  7. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    No, I didn't get 6 goddamn scores you idiot. I was merely pointing out, that there were many near 10/10 rounds in the match. Maybe you should go through the match and explain to me just what in the f*** that you're seeing that made the rounds so definitively lopsided for Joshua. You do realize that certain matches are quite complex, and not a walk in the park to score right? Maybe its you who has no idea what you're doing if you watch this and see a one sided domination. Go after IB why don't you, let's see you try to explain to him he doesn't know what he's watching. Take your blinders off and watch the match with a non biased commentary track or mute it altogether, and watch closely, and see for yourself, most of the punches you think are landing, are not landing, and evidently there's several that you missed that did.

8. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I don't like Joshua and would love to see Parker do well, but there was no doubt that roidhead was the winner. Parker was throwing stuff to keep Joshua out of range, 90% plus of all Parkers jabs fell short. He fought a very good fight though in the fact it looked like he could do something right until the end. Kov Ward was a tighter fight imo

9. the factor

Sep 13, 2014
    I am only amused by bias commentary teams and never influenced by them. I know a lot of fights and a lot of rds are close but I also know the process of determining who wins a rd without making it even. AJ won a lopsided decision but who said anything about lopsided rds? A fighter could score a shutout and still be in a close fight. You stated yourself that you changed 4 rds on your second viewing so you're the one who is having trouble with what is landing and what is not. When I score a fight I put in one score. I don't change it and I don't say some of those rds could be different. Professional judges don't have that option so why should anyone else. I once made thread about the number of people who post a score then say ''but it could have gone the other or it could have been a draw''. It's sign of weakness, incompetence and lack of confidence. Now you want me to hassle one of your buddy's who agree's with you. Are you trying to fend me off onto him? I am not telling you to argue with the 90% who disagree with you. I fight my own battles. You should do the same.

10. Gsy_Spurs

Gsy_Spurs New Member Full Member

May 30, 2014
    You do realise Joshua landed more body shots too or were you ignoring them?

The Ogdoad likes this.
  11. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I spent 20 English pounds on that PPV and have to watch the fights with the sound off. Im a big AJ fan but its hard having to listen to 3 or 4 commentators ringside all trying to climb into his shorts. Was even worse when Jim Watt was doing it.

12. the factor

Sep 13, 2014
    I know what you are talking about but I still like to hear what they are saying. The do make a lot of good points and observations but the bias is present in every country. Jim Watt and Carl ''I scored that one even'' Froch are the worst judges on the planet but in saying that I think for the 1st time my card was identical to Froches. Luckily I didn't have to fork out 20 quid to see it.

13. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I fight my own battles as well. but I find it interesting that countless people on this site have come back with different scores on their second viewing, in fact that happens all the time on here with close fights. And curiously enough, you ignored every last one of them, and focused solely on me. So they can change a round here and there, and that like Parker's body work, goes unseen by you, but you hyper fixate on every little pithy jab I throw. Hmmm, seems like you're singling me out with some kind of agenda. You clearly know I hate AJ and think I've scored in favor of Parker because I'm being biased, oh you're sooo clever, I bet no one else on the site had that thought, huh? But it would ruin your narrative to take issue with anyone else who scored it close or for Parker because they don't fit the stereotype you're painting me with. You don't want your narrative to be upended, so you focus on the one you think is compromised by an agenda, and nothing I say will be suitable for you, because you're already convinced the opposite is true. So me arguing my point with you is pointless isn't it? All the while you ignore the agenda less posters that can shoot holes in your line of BS.

Listen you ****ing shithead, it isn't a sign of weakness or lack of confidence in a score to give various possible scores, because some fights just happen to shake out like that, yes, there are occasionally matches that are ambiguous, and that scores in either direction are acceptable, hence why some matches shouldn't be considered a robbery, and others should be. If a match is full of 95/5 type rounds and the score swings in the favor of the 5% fighter, then that's a robbery, when a match is full of 51/49 type rounds, that means it can go either way, got it numbnuts? Its open to interpretation. Since I'm logical, rational, and very reasonable I try to see things from every possible angle, unlike you evidently, who seems quite dogmatic and sees things in black and white.

Was this match a robbery, as I stated on another thread, no, it wasn't, but was the lopsided scores egregious, absolutely. This was a 1 or 2 rounds swing either way type match, and if you can't see that, then maybe you should find a new sport to follow, because you seem to lack the comprehension to fully process what you're watching, boxing might just be a bit too hard for you to follow. Some matches are close and can go either way, some are definitive. Understand child?

The only ones with the bias, are the guys with AJ by shutout.

14. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I watched it a 3rd time and gave Joshua another round. Going from 116-112 to 117-111. yet on the night, not scoring it i thought the judges were harsh to Parker.

15. the factor

Sep 13, 2014
    This is all going around in circles. I like you CST but now you are calling me names and you've got me all upset. I'm going away now to have a little cry but I'll be back after the next rbr to see if you **** up another card.

The Ogdoad likes this.