Anthony Joshua vs. Luis Ortiz.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Feb 7, 2020.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Can Joshua take Ortiz out faster than Wilder did?

Ortiz might be unknown, but he's still a big southpaw who can hit.

Reinhardt likes this.
  2. Crixus139

Crixus139 Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    If AJ goes in with that mentality he will prob lose like he did vs Ruiz 1 trying to "impress". Probably get countered hard by Ortiz early doors and gg.

Can AJ win using using the "must at all costs" approach. Yep, I make him favorite.

lefthandlead and Aydamn like this.
  3. PH1882

PH1882 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2019
    AJ's learnt from Ruiz and wil keep his distance till the time is right. Bore fest for 9 / 10 rounds then a quick fire knock out.

4. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    AJ is my favorite heavyweight .

But i got ortiz by KO

5. Crixus139

Oct 28, 2017
    Really? If he's your fav HW surely should have some rose tinted specs on! AJ has shown a great ability to listen to feedback and box to orders. Also knows what it's like to lose so I doubt he will be talking anything for granted.

AJ is nearing prime whilst Ortiz must be broken somewhat post Wilder and notwithstanding his age.

What you worried about?

6. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    AJ beats fury and wilder

But ortiz and usyk beat AJ

Thats my opinon simple as that

Hes my favorite heavy but dosent mean im confident in him through all the way

George Crowcroft likes this.
  7. Crixus139

Oct 28, 2017
    Fair enough mate just wanted to know your reasoning as I make AJ fav for aforementioned reasons. Of course HW division more than any other nothing is guaranteed!

8. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    If Ortiz can't even finish Hammer but Fury and Wach did with ease, then I can't see him ever troubling Joshua even with AJs dodgy punch resistance.

I could possibly see a peak Ortiz winning rounds for sure, so as long as the judges aren't in the pocket, he could win that way.

But that's a long shot IMO.

At this stage in Ortiz's career, I see a late TKO by AJ when Ortiz gasses and walks straight into punches like he tends to do.

9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Hmm let me try a commonly used tactic on this forum -

I am a big Ortiz fan, but AJ wins this

sid, George Crowcroft and Rusty100 like this.
  10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Ortiz, as Serge has scientifically proven beyond any doubt, cannot and never could even way back when he was in his prime avoid a right hand to save his life and he's only fought one puncher in his entire career and he's 0-2 against them, both losses via KO.

Prime Ortiz = head that is a magnet for right hands

This content is protected

4000 y/0 way past prime Ortiz = head that is a magnet for right hands

This content is protected

AJ has a big right hand = AJ via blood-curdling savage HL reel KO

Tankatron and Aydamn like this.
  11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Ortiz would get smashed early doors and show his true level for all to see. He's a magnet for right hands, and as soon as Joshua lands his Ortiz will be doing the silly dance then dropping to the floor.

Heavy_Hitter and Serge like this.
  12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    AJ might not have that electric-shock Wilder power but he's nevertheless very powerful and heavy handed. I think he destroys Ortiz, I really do.

sid and latineg like this.
  13. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    The bodybuilder would be disciplined for challenging old grandpa Ortiz and his whiskey bottle. Sorry, but Joshua has no durability whatsoever anymore. Even against this old citizen.

FuryFTW likes this.
  14. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Joshua never faced such a skilled southpaw, so I guess he would trouble the first few rounds, maybe even until halftime, but eventually it will end the way Povetkin ended. After landing 1 big shot, Ortiz may get up once, but will remain vulnerable and Joshua may end the show. A fight I would love to see actually, but I don't see it happening. Joshua has Pulev next and possibly a big fight (Wilder/Fury/Whyte/Usyk) at the end of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he plans a comeback in the US to build up the Wilder fight more and he takes on Ortiz. But the chances are low.

15. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I think Ortiz had a very good chance against a pre Ruiz AJ.

I think if AJ remains smart and improves his boxing he would win a decision or by late stoppage.

Imo Ortiz is a worse matchup for AJ than he is for Wilder though.