Anthony Joshua vs Muhammad Ali who wins this super fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by James Smith, Mar 1, 2017.

Anthony Joshua vs Muhammad Ali who wins?

1. Anthony Joshua

116 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. Muhammad Ali

311 vote(s)
    72.8%
  1. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    I can't beleive the Poll is this close. Ali boxes the head off Joshua and even stops him late on

2. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    After 18 fights against nobodies to even remotely compare Joshua to Ali simply shows your ignorance.
    Joshua is simply out-skilled, out-speeded, and taken to school.
    What does Joshua bring to the table that Ali hasn't seen before? Oh, sorry he's big.
    Do me a favour.

3. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Would it be fair to say you rate 2016 version Anthony Joshua as the greatest head to head boxer in history?

The only ones I can think you might even rate as competitive are L.Lewis, W. Klitschko and V. Klitschko?

4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I think hes closing in on V. Klitchko...the Wlad fight will tell me more ...i rate PRIME 80;s Tyson and Vitali over him for NOW. those are the only two. yes Joshua is the REAL deal.Wait until hes in 24 fights ,right now hes still growing. i expect a whole different Joshua come April and thats very bad news for Wlad,he better be on point.

5. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    We aren't comparing anything about Wlad and Joshua other than explosiveness. Whatever they do as far as set ups, skill, what have you, doesn't matter. Explosiveness does not include movement. If it did it wouldn't even make sense that Joshua is more explosive because he can cover a greater distance. Explosiveness is Speed and Power. That is 100% it. Wlad is a more explosive puncher. Period.

6. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Please just stop it: [url]http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:22879[/url]

Also notice how much faster Ali were at 201 pounds:
    This content is protected

220 Ali didnt have that speed. You cant have it both ways.

It would be EASY to go cruiser for him with modern weigh ins.

Ali: a modern cruiser...

7. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Dude reread the weight I listed then reply again. I don't have time to read bull**** like this...

8. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Wrong!

9. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    Ali started his career at 190/195 hes obviously a natural lighter guy who was faster at a lighter weight i posted an ENTIRE break down of why Ali lost movement as he progressed. its the same guy you favor over Joshua.Why? Well the same reason as everyone else bc hes Ali thats why. lol

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  10. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Mods lock this thread please, and can bans be handed out for lack of knowledge and cluelessness?

joe brown likes this.
  11. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    What skills did Ali posses over Joshua? You do realize that more movement LOOKS good but actual skilled footwork is the ability to slowly walk your opponent down with better usage of closing range or ability to quickly cut the ring off right? :shocked:

12. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Ali was 18 years old when he started his boxing career. Sorry to break it to you but not everyone stops growing at 12. Matter of fact, it is pretty common for people to fill out once they get into their 20s and it obviously happened to Ali. Ali at 212 was the best version. Not 190 lbs, not 220 lbs. 212 lbs. Ali at 212 was just as fast as he was at 190. Your breakdowns are trash clouded by a napoleon complex and I don't care to read them. It doesn't take a genius to recognize that Ali's legs started to go as he got older.

13. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    The fight i posted is from 1966 (prime years)when ali were 24 years old (read prime)

How could he go 201 pounds then? But not sub 200 with modern weigh ins?

Explain that to me. Please...

GALVATRON likes this.
  14. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    you are bait and switching,you call Ali more effective in the 60's ( he wasnt ) then tell others he was a certain weight which hes obviouslly built to fight lighter bc NATURALLY he was VERY skinny,he wasnt made to be heavier but when he was closer to 220 he could handle guys more physically. So which one do you think would fight Joshua? Please tell me the 60's one? lol

you see how foolish this match up is yet? of course you dont you still think Lewis would be more effective and harder to hit if was 6 inches SHORTER...what a dope you are on top of not knowing the HEAVIER you get in a 20/30 pound weight gain is going to slow the footwork down less and had little to do with his age,he became much lazier at higher weight is the actual reason and style. Its truly like talking to a little boy lol

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  15. JoffJoff

JoffJoff Regular Junkie Full Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Last Question on this, What have you seen or what information are you privy to that makes you think we will see "a whole different Joshua come April"? Is it just natural progression through training/experience that you expect to see or have you seen him up close in training?