Anthony Joshua vs Oleksander Usyk - Prediction and discussion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, May 18, 2021.

AJ vs Usyk

Poll closed Oct 15, 2021.
  1. AJ - KO/TKO

62 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. AJ - Decision

33 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Draw

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Usyk - KO/TKO

22 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. Usyk - Decision.

36 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I believe this fight will happen at some point regardless, and seems to be likely now.

This will be a very interesting fight, and I think Usyk will worry AJ at times, but I think AJ will KO him.

Chisora worried Usyk quite a bit, and I just see Joshua, at some point, laying into Usyk with a deadly combination, the likes that Usyk hasn't had to deal with before.

IF Joshua beats Usyk I hope it will finally gain him the respect of some of you haters.

I'm going for Joshua to KO/TKO him in 7 rounds.

I also think Usyk has been too inactive for too long and his prime might be behind him. Don't know why he's chosen to bulk up to 229, it doesn't suit his style at all, and will simply slow him down.

2. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I think Usyk and his world class S&C team know better what weight is best for him. There must be a reason for it and hes not the type to get lazy and put on fat for no reason.

3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Aj by decision. Easy fight to predict. Usyks slickness and quick feet gives Aj problems but Aj uses his size to make Usyk come to him and scores some rounds with the jab. Usyk tags Aj from time to time but doesn't go full on out because of Ajs potential counters. Aj walks him down in spots and boxes on his toes in others.

Aj wins a very competitive 8-4 or 7-5 type fight while People who dont like Aj will claim it was a draw or will say Usyk should have won

And Fury destroys Wilder

And then the Aj/Fury fight happens in 2022

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    CroBox29 and ipitythefool like this.
  4. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    I hope so, although I'd prefer to see Usyk get KO'd.

5. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    Personally i've always thought that Usyk gives AJ fits. As he goes through the gears, AJ will be gassing badly by the mid rounds and if he doesn't get a 2nd wind he will suffer in the championship rounds and possibly even get TKOd.

But Usyk UD in my book.

BCS8, Mordechai, RealDeal and 2 others like this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Usyk decision.

We will see Usyk beat him but he may well get screwed.

And we have to remember one judge had AJ AHEAD at the time Ruiz stopped him.

We have seen Matchroom scorecards, they are infamous.

BCS8, gollumsluvslave, Sap1en and 2 others like this.
  7. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Also, I would like to add. Assuming it will be August 14th still.

Apparently AJ was looking huge a couple of weeks ago, like it was bulking season, we have to remember he was preparing for a much bigger man, so the physical side of things was important for AJ.

Usyk in August is a different proposition, AJ will have to shed a lot of muscle mass in 11-12 weeks, very doable but it's still a completely different training camp he was preparing for, different sparring, different everything.

AJ could keep his bulk but he hasn't got the greatest stamina around and if this goes late, AJ could be blowing out of his backside, Usyk is tricky opposition and a southpaw.

AJ could be chasing shadows.

One more thing, Ruiz dropped AJ 4 times, the same Ruiz who couldn't dent Arreola, Usyk isn't without a chance of stopping AJ.

8. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Usyk UD, although he does have the potential to stop a gassed AJ late.

People talking as though AJ is a massive step up for Usyk are forgetting that Usyk will be AJ’s best opponent he’s fought since a 41yo Wlad coming off the longest layoff in his professional career.

BCS8 and gollumsluvslave like this.
  9. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    I don't think it's quite the same. Ruiz was fighting the first fight since returning after a long 16 month or so absence, and anyone can have bad night.

I also think AJ has improved gradually, utilising his Jab and straight right hands a lot more, and unleashing combinations in a more controlled bursts.

AJ is only gassing if he's working hard on an opponent. Usyk has never been on the end of anything close to AJ's sort of power combinations.

Usyk could win, but I think 7/10 AJ KO's him. Chisora did make him look very uncomfortable.

10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Usyk by TKO9, possibly No Mas corner stoppage.

11. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I got Usyk decision. Nice. Maybe even dropping AJ at some point.

CST80 likes this.
  12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    False. Usyks only notable win at heavyweight was when he beat Chisora. Puleve delt with Chisora far easier than Usyk and Whyte has also beaten Chisora

13. Vegan Beast

Aug 19, 2020
    41 yo wlad would be rank 3 now.

sasto likes this.
  14. Marto

Marto New Member banned Full Member

Apr 24, 2021
    You know the funny thing here, people saying Usyk will beat AJ and derail the Fury fight I actually have a funny feeling it will be the other way round. Wilder get lucky with a punch an knockout Fury. Going to be fun reading the backtracking when the time comes lol

15. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah OK, I accept Ruiz was out for a long time and that's a Fair point but..

What about the same Ruiz who couldn't drop Parker, the same Parker that Whyte dropped, Chisora dropped?

Ruiz doesn't hit hard, AJ struggled badly, the man had glass temples.

Yeah again, fair point Chisora made Usyk look uncomfortable for periods because he swarmed him, was all over him but as you've said AJ is more controlled and tries to pace himself these days, he won't bring that type of pressure to Usyk.

He won't risk it, AJ will know if he goes all out and misses, he will suffer back end of the fight, he starts to blow if he isn't on top.

Sap1en, sasto and Odins beard like this.