Anthony Joshua vs Oleksander Usyk - Prediction and discussion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, May 18, 2021.

AJ vs Usyk

Poll closed Oct 15, 2021.
  1. AJ - KO/TKO

62 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. AJ - Decision

33 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. Draw

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Usyk - KO/TKO

22 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. Usyk - Decision.

36 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Of course Pulev is more proven, however they arguably have the same “best win” at heavyweight in Chisora and Usyk faced him in his second fight at the weight and Usyk has imo beaten the better quality of opponents in his career than that of Pulev.

2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    At Cruiserweight, not at heavyweight. An in addition to that Usyk has bulked up and that could slow him down

3. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Yes I know, but I’d take Usyk’s quality wins at cruiserweight + Chisora over Chisora, Fury and Thompson, throw in Ustinov if you like.

Tbh the fact that you are arguing Pulev to be AJ’s second most dangerous opponent does nothing for AJ’s resume quality.

4. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I thought Usyk struggled a bit with Chisoras size and if AJ comes in confident and imposes himself he can take him out early.

If it goes long I favour Usyk by UD but at some point AJ will connect

5. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    I never said that :duh. Pulev is not his second more dangerous opponent, as a matter of fact I'd say Povetkin and Whyte were more dangerous. All i said was that based on heavyweight resume Usyk isn't above Pulev

6. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    The big moment of the fight is when AJ fight lands big, will Usyk be able to take that sort of power? How will he respond to AJ's combinations.

7. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    I said Usyk was going to be his best opponent to date after Wlad, then YOU came with the Pulev/Whyte/Usyk/Chisora comparison claiming that Pulev dealt with him “easier” and Whyte beat him (ignoring it took him 23 rounds to do so) and then you’ve run with the Pulev narrative.

Resume wise at heavyweight Usyk has only had two fights, however Povetkin arguably lost to Hunter, Whyte went life and death with Parker, who just got a gift over Chisora..... you see.....

Put Usyk in against the versions of said fighters when AJ fought them and is put my money on Usyk.

8. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Then you still have Povetkin who Aj beat after he fought Wlad and Povetkin also beat Whyte after he fought Aj which makes it look even better when Aj beat him. Povetkin not only had a significantly better resume than Usyk at HW but he's also a stylistical nightmare for Joshua. So no Usyk is not going to be Joshua's most dangerous opponent since Wlad.

Also who mentioned Parker ?

9. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Povetkin beating Whyte at 39, just says more about Whyte and his level than it does about Povetkin at that stage in his career.

You keep going on about heavyweight resumes in regards to Usyk, he’s had two ****ing fights at the weight ffs.

Also, Povetkin was 38 when he fought AJ, Pulev 39. Usyk is in his prime context is needed when you are comparing the fighters and the stages of their respective careers.

Actually here’s one for you, Briedis got rid of Chart two rounds quicker than Povetkin, had a much easier time with him too. Now going off your idiotic Pulev/Chisora rant.....

Surrix likes this.
  10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Povetkin was 40 years old when he had fought vs Hunter and 40 y 11 months old when he sparked Whyte.
    Whyte won 41 y 6 months old post covid Povetkin. Big achievement after getting sparked by 40 years 11 months old Povetkin version.

11. Sampneb

Sampneb Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2018
    If this the fight I expect Usyk to be winning the fight but AJ catches him 10-11th and takes him out. I would expect Joshua to come in a little leaner. Defo a big fight. I want Fury but this has intrigue for sure.

12. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Looks like, based on the poll, we're 50/50 split on this forum.

13. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Then what the hell are you basing you opinion on ? If he's only had 2 fights at Heavyweight then why are you coming to the conclusion that he's Aj's most dangerous opponent since Wladimir ? You Usyk fan boys make me laugh. Usyk is very skilled but he's still not the most proven guy in the division, not even top 5. Whyte is a top 10 so Povetkin beating him 2 years AFTER Aj beat him says a lot. :lol: 2 different weight classes are 2 different feats. Cruiserweight is not the same as heavyweight

14. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Again Usyk has had TWO fights at heavyweight, comparing resumes is not the same as comparing fighters at the certain stages of their respective careers, which is what you are trying to do.

I threw in Parker to show the massive drop off in quality in the division after Fury, Joshua and Wilder irrespective of whether Usyk was at the weight or not.

A 38/39 year old Povetkin was not a “stylistic nightmare” for AJ.

Usyk is a former undisputed cruiserweight champion, Olympic champion and something Povetkin, Pulev and Wlad certainly was not, he’s PRIME.

15. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Yes he is. Aj struggles with short offensive fighters as shown against Takam, Ruiz and Povetkin. And Povetkin and Pulev never fought at Cruiserweight because they're NOT Cruiserweights