Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury I - Official Prediction and discussion thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Mar 15, 2021.

Who wins this mega fight!

Poll closed Oct 1, 2021.
  1. Anthony Joshua KO/TKO

24.5%
  2. Anthony Joshua - Decision

3.9%
  3. Draw

5.4%
  4. Tyson Fury KO/TKO

31.4%
  5. Tyson Fury decision

34.8%
  1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Are you mad, Wilder is the hardest hitting heavyweight of all-time, there`s nothing wrong with AJ`s jab, it`s just not really that powerful, jabs aren`t usually that powerful, AJ has good power but he`s not a one-punch KO artist.

2. ConfusedGuy

ConfusedGuy Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2020
    As someone who is hoping Fury will win, and who thinks he will eek out a decision .... I can't understand how so many people are voting for Fury by KO.

Bokaj likes this.
  3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Offense minded Fury is twice as deadly as a little fatman, old man Wlad and a bunch of 40 year old euro midgets.

Fury has the best stamina in the division despite his massive size, he understands that if he is tired then his opponent will be dead tired. He's not letting them off for breathers anymore. He's finding that perfect balance.

He's still an accumulation fighter, but didn't take long to crack Wilder? Wilder wasn't totally finished because of the 1 punch Fury landed he was getting tired before it even landed.

When AJ is tired and looking for room to breathe for the first time in his career he will have a bigger man on top of him trying to take his soul. It will be brutal. Wlad & Ruiz both gave him room to try and setup their final blows, they failed. Ruiz eventually got it done a couple of rounds later.

You have to be able to fight in the trenches against Fury, Wilder and AJ have shown that ability but not to the level required, it's a deep deep trench with mud up to chest height.

AJ will unravel after putting on a strong brave face...I promise it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    NEETzschean likes this.
  4. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Yes, but for that to work it has to be felt. And Canelo certainly has a hard jab.

5. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Wilder IS NOT the hardest hitting Heavyweight in history, there’s simply zero evidence to back that claim up!

Does he hit hard, obviously, but only with the right hand and it’s a punch that he needs time, room and an opponent with little ability to read his intentions and move out of range. With the exception of Fury (lost twice) & possibly Ortiz (hugely overrated) his whole resume is filled with awful opponents who’d get beat in a white collar boxing bout. There’s no one who had any quality, who had ambitions of winning and certainly no one with any intention of getting up once they hit the canvass.

Joshua has a much more solid jab than Wilder and it’s more cultured too, he also carries power in a variety of punches in contrast to Wilder who has ONE honey punch.

Doppleganger, Surrix and MrJonson like this.
  6. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Not the hardest hitter, but one of, I'd say, but the difference is, the others utilized their power with a lot more skill and actually knew how to box.

Villasteve and Surrix like this.
  7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Nobody can say for certain who the hardest hitter is ... Earnie Shavers still carries that reputation of being the hardest hitter ... Wladimir Klitschko is another guy with elite power .... James Bonecrusher Smith had devastating power ... But since no one has ever been measured we will never know

Wilder is definitely in the top 5 or 7 I'd say

8. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    My vote would be on Wlad. Great KO artist with Both hands. Also didnt need to swing his whole body forward like Wilder. Also 240+ with low bf%

Surrix likes this.
  9. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    AJ's stamina and questionable chin. It doesn't necessarily have to be a powerful punch that KOs somebody, just a well placed one can do the job.

10. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Fury by decision. Fury is a better boxer imo. The interesting part will be when and if Joshua lands flush, especially a combination. But I think Fury will make a solid performance...if it's decisive enough I'll put him at no. 20 ATG, just ahead of Ken Norton.

11. snake33

snake33 Active Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Had this fight been last December or January, Fury would have won by decision.
    However, the longer the delay the worse it is for Fury. His mind sometimes wanders.
    At this point both of them will be defensive and it will go to a decision.
    Joshua will have an edge with judges. He's the golden boy that didn't dump the UK for the USA.
    So, it will be a draw or close (and disputable) decision for Joshua.
    Setting up fight two for mo money.
    And by then vaccines will have subdued covid and you'll have a big crowded venue.

12. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If Anthony Joshua beats Tyson Fury I will put his poster on my wall for as long he remains active.

13. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Joshua knocks him out in round 11

Noel857 likes this.
  14. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Joshua wins by stoppage.

15. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018