Anthony Joshua vs Vladimir Klitchko. Official pick em and why.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Apr 21, 2017.

Anthony Joshua vs Vladimir Klitchko.

Poll closed Apr 30, 2017.
  1. A.J K.O

43 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. A.J Points

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. KLIT K.O

49 vote(s)
    45.0%
  5. KLIT Points

15 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. WinstonBarry

WinstonBarry Active Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Gutted. Had money on, was cruising to a victory in my opinion. Still not convinced by Joshua; lucky punch? No, cracking uppercut but came in a flurry in the inside that easily couldn't have happened and one that showed his age.

Who's the best heavyweight out there? Tyson Fury, easily. I'll also say that despite the stoppage, Fury's victory was more impressive.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  2. james4210

james4210 Active Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Wow, this fight had everything, a total game changer for British boxing. For me the great thing was the lack of trash talk so it was possible to like and respect both fighters. I was rooting for Wlad because he really looked like he had trained hard and it was his last hurrah being so old in the future belonging to AJ. But what an impressive finish after being hurt and totally exhausted. We just saw a future classic boxing match. On reflection how great is it that Aj won the belts in terms of British boxing instead of having them go overseas.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I had AJ to get knocked down but go on to win by stoppage at 18/1. He showed massive heart and balls and answered a lot of questions so respect for that. That being said, if Tyson Fury returns to his best, he boxes AJ's head off and makes him look really bad.

4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    How do you feel about the fight now?

5. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah not a serious punch thrown all night, a real snooze fest!

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    How much did you put on that bet? I'm very envious here. Put on 9 separate bets on that fight last night and none came in.

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    £100. Had a few good wins on the horses last week so put a decent amount on it at them odds.

Twentyman likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Christ on a bike, well done.

I've just watched the fight again and enjoyed it more not being surrounded by people who had hardly heard of Klitschko or how good he once was.

His performance last night, and this isn't attempting to take anything away from AJ, but he was so rusty. We all know that Klitschko only pulls the trigger on a hook if he knows it's 100% on yet how many times did he miss? His timing was off and I think 18 months out the ring probably contributed to that.

I still can't pin down how good AJ is. To be negative, I think he's too muscular and starts to gas quickly (although credit to him he recovered). He should have finished Klitschko in the 5th but he spent his tank flooring him and got caught instead and nearly finished himself. He's too robotic and comes forward in straight lines and doesn't move his head enough. He's too easy to hit.

Positives though are that he's got tons of heart to get back up like that cos he was done in the sixth. He's been knocking over cardboard cut outs before last night but to spark Klitschko like that...I was impressed, what unbelievable power.

He has to learn from that fight and concentrate more on the boxing skills now because a fighter with great footwork and movement will beat him at the moment.

Erik likes this.
  9. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    I agree