Anthony Joshua will knock out Andy Ruiz in dominating manner

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    We need the old AJ back, the one that just comes forward and smashes the opponent to pieces. I think it's time they realized it's all or nothing, they need to stop this defensive thing, because it ain't working. He's too big a target and his defense is too shaky because of it.

If he is to beat Ruiz, he's going to need to break him, shatter him. He's going to need to put him down multiple times, return the favour.

AND most importantly of all, when you've finished an onslaught of punches, GET OUT OF THE WAY. Ruiz caught onto that and punished AJ for the laziness. AJ never got out the way, he pauses for a few seconds, and that's when he's vulnerable. He must escape once he's finished his part and reset.

I think we're going to see the old AJ come back, and that will propel him back to the top. He is a physical beast that no-one can deal with. He should be using that more, pushing Ruiz onto the ropes with his strength and rendering him useless. No heavyweight in the world can live with AJ coming forward and unleashing big combinations. That's what he's best at and he should stay with that. I think it's clear. His defense cannot be solved, sadly. He should intentionally be a one trick pony from here on out.

Winter and ipitythefool like this.
  2. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Fully agree. You could see what Ruiz was trying to do from the first minute or two.

The only chance I give Joshua is to box from range and hope Ruiz wears down.

The biggest weakness Ruiz showed was a lack of cutting the ring when Joshua moved Ruiz would follow not cut off and several instances he let Joshua circle out of danger. Ruiz also had to take round 4 totally off after round 3. I question his tank a little too

Right now I'm 70-30 Ruiz. I think Joshua can box him but Joshua never has. Vs parker and klitscho he was the aggressor. In earlier fights most guys just went down. Hes never really had to box

3. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Problem is AJ was getting caught in rounds 1 and 2, in fact he was staggered in round 2. It was only a matter of time before Ruiz caught him again. It wasn’t just one punch, there were stylistic issues you could see from the start. I don’t rule out an AJ win but it will be a tough task if Ruiz is in decent form, he is bound to catch AJ and when you are down 4 times the chances of taking those shots don’t look good.

4. Positive energy

Positive energy God is the greatest banned Full Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Everything he said was accurate

5. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    No, AJ was great in the first two rounds, he ws timing Ruiz well, it was after Ruiz was floored that AJ left his head in firing line after puncjing, that`s what needs correcting but in all his interviews he hasn`t even mentioned this so I don`t think his trainer is aware of what cost him the fight.

6. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    This is one of those threads that are the first to get bump after Ruiz beats and stops AJ agian

7. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Joshua has basically overpowered previous opponents but has come up against someone whom he cant,and needs to change his gameplan in a few short months. It must be mentally hard to take being beaten up by someone who on the face of it looks in far inferior shape. The reality is Ruiz has faster hands and is more experienced

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    iii likes this.
  8. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Piglet comes in even Fatter in the Rematch and KO's FrankenRoids even Quicker!!

:eatingburger

chico g likes this.
  9. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Looked like he got caught and hurt in round two to me. Can’t remember the time stamp on round but he didn’t look great to me. He didn’t look terrible either but not in full control. You could see Ruiz having more success than expected early on.

iii likes this.
  10. Winter

Winter New Member Full Member

Aug 6, 2019
    Totally agree and I think we will see the old AJ in rematch ;) To me it looks like he had this "fire" in him early on in his career. After the Klitschko fight he wanted some bigger fights but wasnt getting Fury or Wilder etc...for whatever reasons. And that fire went away, kind of. He became more boring fighter. But now he has lost and that fire is back again. This loss was good for him, it really was. Welcome back, old AJ! :)

11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You also made a thread about how Whyte would Lose to Rivas....

thesmokingm likes this.
  12. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Agreed, I think the fight goes 1 of 2 ways, Joshua jabs , grabs avoids fighting and wins a disputed decision that angers everyone, or Ruiz behind , catches and stops him around the 9th round

13. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

A punch that lasted for 3 more rounds?

iii and thesmokingm like this.
  14. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    It's the damn SINGLE BULLET PUNCH THEORY!

don owens and Reinhardt like this.
  15. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    And........be sure to wake me when Elvis gets here.