Anthony Joshua will knock out Andy Ruiz in the rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Jun 9, 2019.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    AJ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!
    This content is protected

Here, go play with your Transformers, maybe it'll make you feel better. You fragile little girl.
    This content is protected

Serge, thesmokingm and 305th like this.
  2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Well I can honestly say I havent noticed that, I see lots of boxing fans backing their man, in this circumstance either Wilder, AJ and Fury and even some backing Whyte.

Sometimes it does get a little out of hand, I've done it myself, gone all in on a fighter before a fight, it sometimes boils over and some good posters get lost and have been lost in stubbornness and just having the same old arguments and lose their way in here.

There is nothing wrong with supporting a fighter but I believe you should be realistic and honest and if they lose then hold your hands up and say "yeah I got it wrong"

I've got it wrong plenty of times, I've fell for hype, in the past I've believed a result was certain and got it wrong, we are Boxing fans, we are NEVER always right, we predict but we never know.

I personally believe there are many good, intelligent and knowledgeable people in here, and yeah some get on my nerves and I argue with them but I respect them, the arguments might get a little heated and sometimes they might even cross lines but I never hold a grudge and if somebody I've argued with makes a good point I'll like their post or comment positively or if we are in an rbr I'll talk to them like we've never argued.

We will disagree, argue and debate but we all have one thing in common, even with the posters we dislike the most.. we are Boxing fans.

305th likes this.
  3. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Joshua was saying that blacks were the superior race, but then he got his **** pushed in by an obese Mexican who took the fight on short notice.

:lol:

4. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Listened to the Pound4Pound podcast yesterday. Spencer Oliver confirmed (from a personal friend within the AJ camp) that Joshua was knocked spark out 48 hours before the fight. Fight went ahead for commercial reasons but even still the man was on his arse plenty of times that week. He ain't getting in the ring with Ruiz anytime soon.

Roughhouse and 305th like this.
  5. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Interesting...not that it hadn't been posited but it was so strenuously denied (as it would have been). Can't imagine a bloke who does occasional work on Sky in Oliver just throwing that out unless he damn near knew it to be true.

EDIT - It was Jake Wood who said it, but Oliver knew and agreed.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  6. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008

Total BS

Nobody and I mean nobody does hard core sparring 48 hours before a major fight........as a matter of fact, a fighter hardly does anything except relax and prepare his mind for battle in that time frame.................what a tool, Gym wars 48 hours before a fight......this is nothing more than pure damage control for the gullible zero knowledge AJ fan girls.

The end.

7. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    This. They stop sparring a week out. The week before as you wrote is for prep, recovery, and making weight.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    CST80 likes this.
  8. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Joshua got his head punched in, the end.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  9. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Maybe that's why Oliver's professional career was cut short, sparing too close to the fight.

10. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    He landed first in their fight and that was against a ruiz half ready.

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Its amazing how stupid people are.

Then there is the commission who would not have allowed him to walk to the ring if he was not medically passed fit to fight.

12. Rusty100

Rusty100 New Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Idiot

13. splatter69

splatter69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2007

When has Ruiz ever gassed? Joshua however....

14. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    If Ruiz can do it once then he can do it again.

I'm still a fan of AJ but his punch resistance looks poor, it never really looked great but we have seen him take a shot better.

If Joshua uses his reach and has enough cardio to keep moving for 12, then he can win. I hope he does.

15. Payback87

Payback87 Active Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Ruiz actually gassed in the Parker fight and faded badly in the later rounds. He was eating jabs and doing nothing basically. Early on Ruiz was engaging and winning all the exchanges and was like 3 rounds ahead to 0 for Parker but that changed in the last couple of rounds.