Anthony Joshua would CRUSH Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Tyson379

Tyson379 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Man, 1 barrage of Joshua's ultimate assault would put Lewis on the canvas! He could never handle a big puncher, imagine getting hit with a Joshua combo?

If Joshua did his full out assault on Lewis like he did to Wlad in the 5th round and like he does to all of his other opponents, he would stop him within that round quite easily.

the_Hawk and GALVATRON like this.
  2. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    Yeah but Lewis is also a very heavy handed guy and could just as easily KO Joshua...

NewBoxingOrder and mark ant like this.
  3. Tettsuo

Tettsuo Active Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Lewis keeps him at the end of his jab and batters Joshua to a 8th round KO. If he gets in, Lewis smothers his work and frustrates him.

Sorry, but Lewis was tested and proven against a wide range of fighters. Joshua is just getting started. He's got tons of potential and I'm looking forward to watching him grow into a great fighter.

MarkusFlorez99, Loudon, Beez and 5 others like this.
  4. Tyson379

Apr 28, 2013
    lol just like Wlad kept Joshua at the end of his jab? And just like Lewis was able to keep Vitali with his jab?

You show no understanding of boxing fundamentals. You can't keep any 6'5 fighter or above who is highly mobile off with a jab. It just doesn't work. It becomes a dogfight, and I guarantee you that Lewis would not survive a dogfight with Joshua.

5. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Joshua would have an outside chance at pulling a Rahman or McCall but apart from that he gets destroyed. Lewis brutal KO inside 6 rounds.

6. Tyson379

Apr 28, 2013
    Lewis is so overrated, he was being beaten down by a Vitali on 2 weeks notice to fight on his undercard.

Joshua would crush him within 4 rnds.

SimplyTheBest and the_Hawk like this.
  7. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Lennox Lewis would absolutely destroy the best AJ we've seen so far. One punch ko power and ring iq off the chart compared to AJ. H2H monster Lewis is. I would confidently pick a ko within 7.

Keleneki, langdell and Howitzer1888 like this.
  8. Daddy

Daddy Active Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Too easy. I could not pick against Lewis in his prime H2H, regardless of the McCall and Rock KO's. Lewis wins this one.

9. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Joshua would probably beat the 1993 version of Lennox Lewis, it's too early to say he would beat prime Lennox Lewis but he would definitely have a chance, Joshua is better than McCall and Rahman.

It wouldn't be a cakewalk for any version of Lewis, i doubt that anyone would have an easy time with Joshua, he has the tools to beat everyone.

Prime Lewis would be the favorite because of his experience and ring iq but this is not a fair matchup anyway, Joshua has only 19 fights, he has to be compared to the 19 fights version of Lennox Lewis.

JordanK2406 likes this.
  10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Not to mention that both have a great chance at doing the same to AJ on a good night.

11. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Bruno and Mercer both out jabbed Lewis and AJ has a far longer reach than both. It depends on who throws the most jabs and tries to control the fight with it, Lewis used the jab more than AJ does so has the upper hand but every time AJ would jab he would see that it bothered Lewis, AJ was too nervous to throw the jab enough against Wlad because of the brilliant counter punches that were coming back, that wouldn`t happen as much against Lewis he wasn`t as intense as Wlad. Even at 41 Wlad was far better than any of Lewis`s opponents but this would be a great fight and we don`t know how much AJ will improve, I know this though he would have dealt with Bruno and Mercer a lot better than Lewis did.

12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Lewis would still have a punchers chance.

13. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    i think you mean KRUSH.

like KRUSHA "KRUSHed" ward

14. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    AJ is far better than Rahman and McCall!