Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua, OBE vs. Kubrat Venkov Pulev & Martin Bakole vs. Sergey Kuzmin RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cunningham was a ripped 210 pounds.
    How much would a ripped Ruiz weigh ? 170 ? 165 ?

CutThroatFade and Safin like this.
  2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    As I've said, there is a disparity between the genuine top boxers and the rest.

Joshua, nor Fury or Wilder, have much choice in their path to greatness. They stand in front of each other and perhaps only Usyk can be included in the discussion.

Joshua has had more conviction and self-belief in taking on lesser puddings than Wilder, but they are still puddings nonetheless and it is the Matchroom and Sky Sports hype train that dress them up to be something they're not. It's as if there is no middle ground. But it has worked and the boxer casual consumer has fallen for it hook, line and sinker, to the detriment of their bank balance and brain cells.

The issue is that Joshua fanboys can't call a spade a spade. It's as if they are an extension of Hearn himself - "but Pulev is a top fighter and has been for a decade" - "but Takam is as tough as nails and gave world champion Parker all he could handle" - "Povetkin is a former WBA heavyweight champion (not really) and has only lost to Klitschko" ...

The truth is that these men need to compete against each other - comparing puddings on the resume is useless and it is only Fury who has schooled 10 year reigning champion Klitschko in Germany and went to America twice to defeat Wilder.

Joshua could beat up another 10 Pulev's and his resume still would not be as impressive.

3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Joshua deserves credit for convincingly beating most of the opponents put in front of him, yes. But I don't subscribe to this notion of depth. I never have and I never will. It's like somebody bragging about his 5 buy-to-let one bed's in Grimsby to a man who own a townhouse in Holland Park.

Joshua beating Molina, Takam, Parker, Povetkin, Pulev et al. won't stand him in any kind of stead for beating Fury. Likewise for Fury beating Schwartz, Hammer, Chisora et al.

It's only the Klitschko win that could possibly buoy Joshua, and in that he went life and death. Fury has 3 such bouts and more experience in genuine top level bouts. It is particularly important to note that it will be 4 years at a minimum since Joshua partook in such a bout, with Fury having defeated Wilder in an excellent performance just at the start of this year.

I understand that many will disagree with me, but that's my view.

CutThroatFade and Murderers' Row like this.
  4. Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2019
    YES BOSS!

Joshua's three best wins are Wlad, Povetkin and now Pulev. All these fighters were yesterday's men, with all three being at least five years past their best. Take Pulev, for instance: he got absolutely bingoed by Dr. Steelhammer in Hamburg six years ago, but Joshua and Hearn are out there acting like he accomplished something meaningful.

5. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    I think Joshua was pressured into delivering a spectacular knock out, which he did in all fairness, hence the ecstatic post fight interviews.

They simply had to deliver after the Saudi showing.

Boris Johnson and CutThroatFade like this.
  6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I cant understand people shitting on AJ resume when its by the best and most deepest resume in the dvision at present.

I mean I know Ring magazine have some certainly questionable rankings (in particular Ortiz inn it and Wilder so high) however AJ has beaten 5 of there current top 10. Whilst Fury has only beaten 1, Wilder beaten 1, Povetkin beaten 1 and Whyte beaten 2.

7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    You cannot polish a t urd mate - Joshua's CV is awful with the exception of old man Clit inactive for 18 months and 41 years of age.

Go back to each fight and every single one defeating Joshua would have been a huge upset, not because Joshua is great, but simply he was in zero risk fights and he even fooked up one of those.

I will give him more credit when he comes through 2-3 genuine 50/50 fights but he has never been in any fight with more than a 20% chance of losing and much less chance in 90% of his fights.

Last night was a farce and shows how bad the division is when 39 year old no hoper Pudding Pulev ends up near the top of the tree.

Boris Johnson and Glenn McKrory like this.
  8. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Lol that lesser known six pack to power ratio!

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, lean body mass is important.

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Joshua has beat what's in front of him and you can't knock that but you also can't deny that his opponents have been extremely overhyped.

Let's all hope we get to see him in with Fury next year and let's see who really is the best.

Skyver and Scissors like this.
  11. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    That's all that matters now imo..get it done.

12. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Only saw Okolie and then the main event last night. Okolie’s opponent was embarassing, surely his weakest opponent for about 3 years, looked like he’d been found on the street. Thought AJ boxed well at times and in fairness possibly should of been stopped in the third.. Pulev showed he’s a tough ******* but apart from that it didn’t exactly prove a lot did it.. we all knew how limited he was and what the out come would be

13. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Ruiz was ripped having only 6 chins when he fought Joshua

14. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    You’re grasping today mate. Some days the fighters you don’t like win, it’s the name of the game.

15. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Hope so mate

It is amazing that people believe the Matchroom/Sky tripe billing 90/10 fights in Joshua's favour as 50/50 dangerous fights.

I did not like Fury until he had the balls to go away from home 3 times as an underdog to dethrone long reigning champions.

Joshua won his titles from puddings and no excuses now if his next 3 fights are not Fury, Wilder and Usyk.