Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua, OBE vs. Kubrat Venkov Pulev & Martin Bakole vs. Sergey Kuzmin RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 12, 2020.

1. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Joshua has more than enough power at 240 to stop scrawny Usyk. He was knocking guys out left and right when he was fighting guys at 17 stone. The very few times he actually threw punches on Ruiz in the rematch. He bust up his face. I'm not sold on Usyk. He's a good boxer for his size. But I can't see someone who loses 4 rounds to Chisora and Bellew, completely out boxing someone like Joshua. Let's not pretend Joshua is that one dimensional. Somebody that wins 4 or 5 rounds against Wlad, 5 or 6 against Pulev, 8 against Parker, 9 or 10 against Ruiz, 9 against Takam, 4 or 5 against Whyte, and 3 or 4 against Povetkin isn't getting soundly outboxed like that.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    What are you talking about ?
    You were criticizing Fury for a knockdown he suffered almost 8 years ago. :lol:
    Trying to say he had a bad chin and Joshua has a superior one. God know why you said it. But I tried to correct you, that's all.

3. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Fury's box and move skills are better than AJ's.

It did look like AJ was caught between two styles last night. He needs to decide. Is he going to box and move against Fury or is he going to try and blow him out early on? Both present their own risks.

Intriguing.

4. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    he can'tdecide, hes scared of being hit now, Ruiz destroyed is aura of invincibility, its took part of his soul.

Col Mortimer and Jurgen like this.
  5. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    You’re unable to correct me because it’s not true. Cunningham was pretty feather fisted even at cruiserweight and Pajkic is about as feather fisted as you can get at heavyweight. Although Fury has shown that he recovers well he does have a bad chin, and arguing otherwise just makes you look foolish.

6. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I just think that Joshua shouldn't be considered the under dog if the fight takes place. Realistically if Usyk wins, it's going to the scorecards. Any close decisions Joshua probably gets the nod. Usyk in my opinion needs a perfect fight to win a UD. Joshua will be a lot more difficult to hit than Witherspoon and Chisora. Usyk threw more and out landed them, but I don't think he can afford to get hit from half the shots those 2 journeyman hit him with. He looked marked up. I can easily see Joshua dealing with him like how he dealt with Parker.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    That card wasn’t too bad in the end. The Marku decision was bad but he didn’t look great. Bakole-Kuzmin was cool. Hughie wasn’t terrible to watch. The Okolie fight was a farce. I don’t buy into him being this monster puncher suddenly.

As for the AJ fight, I mean he didn’t do anything wrong but that’s not an impressive result. He should have ended it in the third but didn’t. He showed too much respect to a guy whose right hand was thrown like 6 ****ing times in the fight and isn’t even a puncher. I don’t think he trusts his chin anymore. He boxed fine but Pulev as it stands is a Euro level guy. He should be routing him.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  8. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I think fury gets looked on a lot more favorable than Joshua tbh on here and fans in general and cut a lot more slack. Ill be backing fury like if they fight but if fury dropped pulev in the third then stopped him like that in the 9th, or even beat ruiz the way joshua did, you'd hear all "boxing lesson from fury/did what he had to do/masterclass hardly got hit/got the job done/boxings about hitting and not being hit".

sword, Tankatron, MrJonson and 2 others like this.
  9. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Does AJ have the best uppercut in the divison? Certainly had the most success with it:

- Knocked Whyte out Cold

- It was a great uppercut from AJ that started and lead to the Wlad stoppage.

- It was an uppercut AJ landed that lead to Pulev turning his back away and given the standing count in the 3rd. AJ then landed uppercut that dropped Pulev later in the third. In the 8th, AJ landed 4 consecutive uppercuts and shortly after that it was a great uppercut that landed flusgh that rocked and dropped Pulev. Then Pulev gets up and AJ straight away lands a one two that KOs Pulev.

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    What do you mean? Get a ref who won't let your opponent work on the inside?

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  11. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    This content is protected

12. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    There are three major heavyweights. There have been two fights between them. Joshua hasn't been involved in either. I am not convinced he will.

Jurgen likes this.
  13. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I think it's mad when people say AJs team didn't keep him away from Wilder. He was on Showtime right up to the point it was time to make that fight ffs!

2nd time you have to put the blame on Wilders team, they got greedy wanted that big PPV and underestimated Fury.

Such a shame we didn't get that fight.

14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    50 million that was dependant on various parties inc BT

It was nonsense

However Wilder recently admited turnung AJ down to fight Fury for less money

Tankatron likes this.
  15. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Tbf Pulev just let him repeatedly execute it