Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua vs. Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, May 23, 2021.

AJ or The Cat?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2021.
  1. Joshua on points

27.2%
  2. Joshua by stoppage

31.8%
  3. Draw

2.9%
  4. Usyk on points

19.7%
  5. Usyk by stoppage

18.5%
  1. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’m not sold on usyk at heavyweight, if he had blasted out chisora then yes I’m picking him but right now AJ beats usyk in a boring fight

2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    AJ is a much better matchup for Usyk than Chisora was.

Chisora is unpredictable, he marches forward and throws wild hooks and hayemakers. He can bully you as well. Usyk had some issues with reading Chisora and he struggled badly early on because of that. AJ will give him a more comfortable rythm, and a more structural boxing fight.

I think Usyk will outbox AJ quite easily. Question is if he can take AJs power. Chisoras power is nowhere near AJs and Usyk looked a bit shocked early against Delboy when Delboy was landing some. I mean Usyk fought big guys in the Amateurs but this is pro boxing.

I think Usyk wins a comfortable decision which will be a MD or SD because of the crook factor but he should really beat AJ. Fury is a terrible matchup for Usyk so if he can't beat AJ he shouldn't even think about Fury.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I'm not so sure, A.J is large and with good reach if compare with del boy he also is damn more mobile and is good at long range.

The problem more I think was his style, this is not comfortable for Usyk. Even if Chisora was in Usyk's weight, this had gave him problems and a lot.

Chisora's problem was that he is not enough agile and fast for Usyk and also his gas tank.
    Maybe he really won 3 rounds and 1 close round there vs Usyk.

If he had good speed and excellent gas tank there, then most likely he had landed on Usyk more, get punched lesser and had gave Usyk even more problems.

F.e Frazier is smaller than Chisora, I think he had gave Usyk real hell for all 12 rounds, good if he had boxed after this fight.

4. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    With the gormless officiating of Kenny Bayless still fresh in my mind I now flash back to Joshua V Parker... another awful ref job and I can’t help but think Usyk will not get a fair shot once the two are in the ring.

I could easily envision Usyk knowing he won’t get the decision going all out late and getting stopped. I hope I’m wrong. I honestly want to believe in this sport but every time hope creeps back into me, politics and corruption bring me back down to earth.

5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I just don't see Usyk being allowed a points win with the potential money at stake in Arabia for Hearn. He has to clip that Femi glass ear and get it done like Jnr did in the Garden.

Oddone and Surrix like this.
  6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    A good counter puncher with a big right hand beats usyk, AJ is that guy

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  7. From.Russia

From.Russia Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    If Usyk makes him work and miss, i see bodybuilder losing by gassing and it doesnt matter if Usyk is not a big puncher, since AJ aint Chuvalo in chin department.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  8. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    AJ via late stoppage.
    Usyk has looked poor at heavyweight,
    I've seen very little to make me think he will trouble AJ. Surprising as I had high hopes for him after WBSS.

9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    do you think Usyk might have enough power and precisity to get bodybuilder down with combos landed on him?
    Ofc if he will be able to start land on bodybuilder.

10. Bart Allen

Bart Allen New Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Well Usyk did fight someone who's arguably stronger than Joshua, and that was Gassiev ~

Though Usyk was almost robbed two times on matchroom cards - against Chisora, and the fact he was down on the cards to Bellew, so naturally he knows he'll have to knock Joshua out ~

11. From.Russia

From.Russia Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    He will land, but I wont bet on KO, i wont even bet on ud or sd win, since Usyk is a 34yo ukrainian fighter without big following. I see him winning some early rounds and looking better than AJ in later rounds, thats it.

12. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Only hope to win he might have is exactly to KO A.J. Like it was vs Bellew.

13. Bart Allen

Bart Allen New Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Joshua's stamina still is worrisome, as lately seen against Pulev ~

Also the fact he has problems against short fighters, as seen from Ruiz, Takam, Nistor etc ~

Usyk's blueprint for fighting Joshua was seen in his fight against Gassiev - though he would have to make some modifications, and the fact Usyk wasn't being caught by Gassiev whilst in the pocket due to turning and moving as Gassiev planted his feet is incredible! Given that an argument could be made that Gassiev punches harder than Joshua - but at least Gassiev has better feet and stamina than AJ ~

When was the last time Joshua fought a southpaw? Charles Martin in 2016?

Surrix likes this.
  14. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Usyk and even bunch with current CW boxers for sure might gave him more problems than 39 y.o Pulev, they are more mobile and otherwise more problematic than Pulev version vs A.J.
    I think a lot of them had beated Pulev if they now had fought vs Pulev.

15. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    This was prime Usyk, while ppl think that he today might rullz CW division, I do not agree with this.

Gassiev? For sure he then had good stamina and very good gas tank, no doubts these he had better than A.J.

BubblesUK likes this.