Anthony Yarde - Fighting in.....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    I don’t rate him mate I’ve seen him fight live twice , his record is more padded than Yardes pre Kovelev, think Yarde does a number on him .

N17 likes this.
  2. Patter983

Jul 20, 2018
    spot on mate I’ve seen Arthur fight live twice on small hall shows he’s nothing to shout about imo.

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    It's not that bad a fight. Unbeaten Commonwealth champion who gets an opportunity to upset the apple cart. As was mentioned, is it any worse than someone like Hosea Burton?

NasalSpray likes this.
  4. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Lots of people were saying Scott Fitzgerald had a padded record before the Fowler fight. You can only beat the opponent's in front of you, if he isn't given the fight against Yarde how can he ever improve his resume?

Twentyman and Inglis_1 like this.
  5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    How ? Domestic fighters like Johnson, Burton and Bautsi are far better than Lyndon Arthur. Yes I think it's a good learning fight for Yarde but it's not the domestic fight many have wanted him to take.

6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Johnson and Buatsi are Matchroom,
    so that’s basically were those possible fights for Yarde ends. Just to put it into even more prospective, it doesn’t even appear that Buatsi and Johnson are any nearer to fighting themselves.

Hosea Burton hasn’t beaten anybody at all and is now fighting in a glorified prize fighter and not exactly looking a million dollars. He’s no better than Arthur.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Fine enough fight IMO. Not amazing but okay. The card needs A LOT more to warrant PPV but I suspect we won't get that.

8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Needs a lot more to warrant buying a ticket. Asked some mates about going when the main event was announced and everyone said no because Warren’s undercards are ****.

9. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I am happy to see this fight made - I honestly thought Yarde was going to swerve it. This bill is coming together but I agree needs more to be ppv. Jenkins v Garton will be a good one and likley a bloodbath

10. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Glorified Prizefighter you say. Well Burton beat Bob Ajasafe in what you call a glorified prizefighter. I mention that as Bob Ajasafe is better than anyone Yarde has beaten. So the glorified prizefighter must be a better standard than the fighters from the Hungarian Taxi Association, that Yarde has beat.

Patter983 and Scissors like this.
  11. Patter983

Jul 20, 2018
    burton is much better fighter than Arthur imo.

moog likes this.
  12. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    PADIDAS Yarde should win this easily but let’s hope he calls out Burton straight after as a step up. Bet he doesn’t though!!!

Patter983 likes this.
  13. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Of course he is. Warren/Yarde/Tunde were telling everyone 2 years ago that Yarde was beyond British level. Now he is stepping up to fight a fringe British class fighter.

14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    People still touting Hosea Burton as a serious fighter must be on Crystal Meth.

The guy has done nothing since being banged out by serial loser, Buglioni who then went out and got splattered by Johnson in under 1 round.

He then sits around and moans about supposedly not getting fights from Matchroom, until Eddie offers him Buatsi and he then runs for the hills.

He’s now fighting in a second rate tournament.

He’s not serious and he’s going nowhere.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  15. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    I may agree with what you’re saying so why doesn’t Yarde shut everyone up and fight him. Simple warm up if you’re right plus put lot more bums on seats.