Anthony Yarde vs. Lyndon Arthur & Muhammad Ali vs. Jamie Quinn RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 5, 2020.

1. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Hamed in his 8th fight was fighting a guy with 3-12-3. So forgive me if I think that this statement is stupid.

Plus 7 out of those 8 fights were vs losing records bums.

Pedro matos is 7-3, not a big deal,but better oposion than hamed fought in his first 8 fights all together. In order to face this level of oposition hamed needed 11 fights.

EDIT: not that mccan's opostion is any btter, though.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    McCann got caught with some huge hooks in the 6th, and lost that that round

He needs to keep it long and box clever here

3. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Just shows how good and powerful Sunny Edwards is.

Robney likes this.
  4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    McCann has only fought bums this far, and Hamed had already beaten an undefeated opponent. (had to look it up, but it doesn't matter anyway if you saw young Hamed)
    Plus you'd have to be blind not to see how hittable McCann is even against this low level guy, and how much further Hamed was at that early point of his career.
    Also Hamed's speed and punching power vs McCann's leaky defence should tell you enough as you can't see the level difference.

5. chacal

Jun 21, 2015
    yes, i've edited my previous comment. But I paste the first 8 hamed fights

3 12 3
    4 0 0
    18 18 5
    27 59 2
    6 37 8
    0 11 0
    1 3 1
    2 6 1

Hamed in his 8th fight was a hype job, exactly the same he was at the end of his career. I'll never understand why this bum is so incredibly overrated.

EDIT: special lol at the 6-37 guy, and the 0-11 guy. :facepalm:

6. HamburgBuam

HamburgBuam Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Not impressed by McCann.

CST80 likes this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Im starring to worry about you

Max Thunder likes this.
  8. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    scored way too wide

CST80 likes this.
  9. chacal

Jun 21, 2015
    too young. Right now he's being overhyped. But he has not even developed his body. He has a good understanding of boxing... let's see.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Andy Lee used the word sensational, hmm

It was a good match making at his stage of Mccann's career

He will have took away quite a bit of know how tonight

11. Aint no stoppin

Aint no stoppin Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 15, 2008
  12. Robney

Jan 18, 2010
    I hated Hamed's guts, and I do think he was somewhat overrated, but he was levels and levels above this guy, even that early in his career.
    He beat big names in his career, names that would moider guys like McCann themselves.

CST80 likes this.
  13. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Anthony Yarde will walk right through and mangles Arthur, most likely stop him in 4 to 6 rounds, depending on how durable he is. This will not be even remotely competitive.. I've seen Arthur 3 times, he's not impressed me even once. He's God awful as far as slick boxers go, he's slick when he's in with tin cans. Another brilliant stroke of idiotic matchmaking from Fish Eyes. Who somehow thinks because Yarde wasn't ready for and couldn't outbox SERGEY KOVALEV, who is one of the best pure boxers in the sport, with perhaps the best most authoritative jabs in the sport, yet he thinks that somehow the thoroughly pedestrian Lyndon Arthur will give him issues. Like Dubois last weekend, he's moronically throwing yet another undefeated hot prospect into a match, where's he's clearly going to be in over his head. He's a terrible borderline nihilistic matchmaker. What an ass.:lol: And I find it shocking that quite a few fans are eating it up on a silver platter and buying the BS the commentators are peddling that Arthur is special and will be something.

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thought it was a decent performance by McCann. He's only a bambino and even though he's 19 he looks about 9. Big Frank said he hasn't developed his man strength but truth be told he probably still hasn't developed his boy strength yet.

15. chacal

Jun 21, 2015
    nah, that's not true. hammed with 19 yo was a hype job. Exactly the same as mccan. Or even worse

The 4-0 guy you see in his record ended his career 4-3, and his record was obviously fabricated to feed someone (hamed was this guy). Promoters do this kind of BS.

Is mccan overhyped? YES

But no way would be 19yo hamed the one to ko him in 3 and expose him.

Hamed resulted to be a hype job after his career finished, domestic level fighter, euro level maybe, unable to fight the bests in the world and win. Plus, mentally a dwarf.

Mccan? we dont know. And we will not know for a long while. He's got good material though, this boxing is not normal in a 19 yo guy. No matter how overhyped he is (and he is a lot).

EDIT: I edit because my hate was too much. Saying that hamed was eurolevel is not fair. But it's obvious he could not win to the bests in the world, he didnt belong there. And mentally he was a dwarf, 100% sure, weak as F.