Anthony Yarde vs. Lyndon Arthur & Muhammad Ali vs. Jamie Quinn RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Both of them were awful tbh looked like they were shadow boxing for eleven rounds.

Smudge_ likes this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Why on earth would you like to see that again? It weren’t great at all.

Potwash, Jurgen and Safin like this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Yet again I’m choosing to believe the fighter who is the only one (apart from a doctor) who is in a position to tell anyone how he is feeling. Again, what does Arthur stand to gain by saying that he hasn’t hurt his hand when it is actually hurt? Makes no sense at all.

Also I have taken into account what Pat has said and my interpretation is that he’s saving face for Arthur. Plenty of trainers/coaches in other sports do that.

If post fight it is revealed in an X-ray or medical report that Arthur has fractured his hand or something then obviously that would change the narrative. In this instance the narrative has quite clearly been set by the fighter himself who has told the world how he was feeling.

4. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Well, if Arthur had 0 use of his right hand for an entire fight.

Have the rematch, and Arthur will be able to actually throw punches

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Possibly Arthur had an injury and didn't want to admit it because you can be reprimanded for entering a contest with an undisclosed injury.
    Pat might be 'adjusting the truth' too in such a case, saying it happening "warming up" rather than sometime prior to the night.

Astaxanthin likes this.
  6. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Again anything is possible but one of the main driver’s for my interpretation is that Arthur said “I can’t land it” which would be an odd thing to say if he has hurt it. The fact that he didn’t even winced when he landed that one hard, flush right hand in the final third of the fight is another factor.

It will all come out in the wash anyway as it always does. It’s not even the most important thing in the fight, which is the way in which Yarde failed to make adjustments to the jab, just as Dubois failed to do the week before.

Astaxanthin and Unforgiven like this.
  7. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    That was a very close fight and for some reason Rawling was overpraising Arthur. Yarde is average though, he’s just a plodder with a bit of power. He couldn’t close the ring off at all, it’s not like he was scared of what was coming back as he hardly had to deal with any right hands. This says a lot about his ability in my opinion. Terrible loser as well, does he think he’s the only fighter to lose a fight they don’t think they should have. “I’m not taking this as a defeat”. Haha seriously what a dick head.

I felt it was the right result. Arthur’s jab was very good. In the rematch he’d have to throw different shots and hold his feet a bit though,which is where Yarde would want him.

Dubois and Yarde losing in one week! I didn’t think Warren was going to allow that. I thought the last scorecard was certainly going Yarde’s way. Having money on Arthur points, I was resigned to defeat.

Terry O’Connor was a terrible ref and bad judge but Ian Jon Lewis is a hesitant ref, which I feel is dangerous at times and obviously his judging is the poor too. He gets away with any real scrutiny from fans.

8. Astaxanthin

Astaxanthin Active Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2014
    The first question Bunce asked was about his hand, Arthur replied with "It's just a little bit sore but it's nothing to do with the fight":

This content is protected

Later on when the subject was brought up again he mentioned Yard's defence. Maybe it's a bit of both or he doesn't want Yard knowing he didn't land with full power in the hopes Yard is surprised in the rematch.

I think his comment can be seen both ways, he can't land it because of what Yard is doing, or "I can't land it" leaving out the "because my hand is hurting from the warm up" because Pat already knows the reason.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  9. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Yep all plausible.

Astaxanthin likes this.
  10. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Arthur hurt his hand warming up in the changing rooms. That's why he said he didn't do it in the fight.
    Carl Greaves has also said he saw him doing it warming up.

11. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I heard there was serious noise coming from Arthur's changing room post fight with plenty of dancing and singing 'Liars in the camp'

12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Wisest thing I’ve read on here all year. Keeping an eye on this poster, expecting big things next year.

13. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    You can clearly see the difference between Hearn and Warren, Eddie can afford to pay off 2 judges, poor frank only gets 1.

14. Felix Sanchez

Felix Sanchez Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Where does this 'lions in the camp' nonsense originate? It has completely passed me by.

15. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I think it’s just his team trying to emulate the “hard work” etc chants that Mayweather’s team used to shout.