Anthony Yarde vs. Lyndon Arthur & Muhammad Ali vs. Jamie Quinn RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Dec 5, 2020.

1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Yeah but Tunde watched a few sessions and took the best bits!

im sparticus and Journey Man like this.
  2. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Yarde looking gobsmacked and shouting robbery after the fight was laughable lol, I had him losing a close fight to Arthur who was a deserved winner boxing well behind an effective jab.

Yarde basically got beat by one hand, he didn't solve the puzzle which again reverts back to what the **** is Tunde and team doing with him? To me he is stagnating and without change at this stage, he won't be progressing much further.

3. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ive said it before, As a manager, I think Tunde has been/Is really good for Yarde.
    He jockeyed him into a position of fighting for a world title for life changing money against an opponent ,who was in that stage of their career, as to be beatable.
    As they were no where near the fighter they were in their prime (kov).
    Tunde brought Yarde thru, who let's be right here, had no real right to be signed up by a T.V promoter. I mean come on what did Yarde bring to the table when he got signed by Frank. He'd had a handful of amateur fights and won nothing. But Tunde got him signed to a T v deal, managed to bring him thru fighting a load of road sweepers and dragged up MWs and somehow sold the British public the A.J of the LHW division. On the back of that he got him top drawer sponnsership deals including the maxi muscle deal which was played in the intervals of sky sports boxing (which must of pleased Frank, no ends), he also got the big Adidas deal and a load if others, no doubt.
    Tunde has made Yarde a millionaire on the back of a limited (As witnessed sat night) skill set and experienced boxing career.
    It must be hard for Yarde, on the one hand tunde has done a brilliant job and on the other hand he's done a bad job as a trainer and cornerman. Also, you can tell that as a team they are tight and very friendly with each other.
    It must be hard for Yarde to pluck up the courage to tell Tunde that he needs another trainer.

4. Joshua

Joshua New Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Really good post

5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    You make some valid points, but you are giving Ajayi far too much credit.

It wasn't Ajayi that made Yarde a millionaire, it was Yarde. You don't need to be one of the world's greatest marketers to be able to market Yarde.

As we know, boxing is a sport in which style sometimes garners more buzz than substance, particularly on the way up - the good old padded record. Yarde was able to create that padded record by knocking out pretty much all of his opponents. It's not hard to put low-level opponents in front of Yarde for him to knock over - hardly a genius move - and it's to Yarde's credit that he was able to knock them out, all with less than stellar training. Physically, he's on another level to these witness protection blokes.

Then there's the fact that he's a good looking guy who's got a hypertrophic physique. That's incredibly marketable and that has absolutely naff all to do with Ajayi, unless he's the one acquiring his "sports doctor", but anyone can do that. There are reasons as to why Anthony Joshua is a lot more marketable than Tyson Fury and it's not all because he's a PR trained robot, it's partially attributable to his inherent looks. Corporations are always fishing around for up and coming faces and at that stage in Yarde's career, he would most certainly be viewed as a cheap, potentially incredibly profitable investment for the likes of Maximuscle and Adidas.

Personally, I don't think that he's been marketed anywhere near his potential. He's hardly known at all outside of boxing circles. Regardless, I think the ship has just about sailed. It's touch and go time for Yarde, but he will need to get some wins under his belt soon. You never know when a vacant belt or big opportunity could come along - look at Okolie just now. The best thing he could do is to get rid of that utter idiot Ajayi.

Wizbit1013, Oneirokritis and bw51 like this.
  6. bw51

bw51 Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2012
    i agree, in the end, yarde sold himself short

7. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know about there being "Lions in the Camp" but the general consensus from this thread is that there is a "Pudding in the Camp".

And of the 2 available candidates, the main candidate sits outside of the ring.

Yarde reminds me of Eubank Jnr and the silly set up he had leading up to fights.

Idiocy or Arrogance?

Usercom, Oneirokritis and N17 like this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Just a reminder to everyone, Ian John-Lewis scored this bout 9-3 in favour of Yarde. He’s just as bad as Spud.

kojak, zulander, Wizbit1013 and 2 others like this.
  9. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    This is something that's lost on people like Broner -- they want the Mayweather wealth and lifestyle without ever putting in the Mayweather hard work.

Journey Man and Usercom like this.
  10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I will never forget that clown holding Dillian Whyte up in the last round against Parker

11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    He let Dillian lean and clinch & stopped Parker from working in that last round. The BBBofC are a corrupt organisation who are answerable to nobody.

Journey Man and Wizbit1013 like this.
  12. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    That card is a disgrace isn't it??? There was a one round I think the 3rd when Arthur just about landed some jabs and Yarde landed one great right hand but that was it. Most of the early round were just Yarde looking lost and eating the odd jab. You can't score any of them on effective aggression

I think i had it 116-112 to Lyndon which maybe a bit generous the other way but other than the 12th it was barely a fight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Twentyman likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Totally agree. I could see an argument for 6 rounds and quite possibly 7 at an absolute stretch (it was 5 or 6 for me), but 9...that’s a completely different fight he’s watching. The only solid round I could confidently say was Yarde’s was same as you had, the twelfth.