Anthony Yarde's bum carousel continues

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lewis gassed, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    There’s a slight difference between allowing Bradley Skeete to go to fight on sky then there is Yarde- surely you must know that?

Whether you personally rate the kid or not, Yarde is one of franks few potential Major attractions and is clearly a fighter that BT are looking to invest in as they have been already with the commercials and advertising etc.

As for fighting on sky, Hearn knows full well that frank couldn’t/wouldn’t alllow Yarde to fight on sky so of course he’s going to throw around figures like £100k..do you honestly think he would also give Burton a £100k? That would be £200k for only an eliminator. Do the maths mate, matchroom are accountants - there not going to throw money around for the sake of it - it’s all BS, smoke and mirrors from Eddie and frank.

It’s similar to a certain extent to frank offering to pay Tete’s wages in exchange for a Burnett fight - again its BS on franks side

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Yarde is not a big draw all that hype and he can't sell out a big arena and he never will be because frank is terrible hyping these guys up and if hearn thinks like alot of us think and that is yarde is a knockout waiting to happen he will want it on his show but like you said maby both Frank and hearn are just playing games with each other

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I agree but frank has not helped him at all. Getting him this inflated ranking by fighting pure trash! The adverts, the speeches on how he hits harder than AJ etc. The public are no expectant of him. In a few weeks time he could be mandatory for Kovalev! He’s nowhere near ready!

Twentyman and Papillon like this.
  4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree, he is woefully unprepared for a world title challenge.

Scissors and @Maley like this.
  5. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    World title challenge? Behave mate your not seriously suggesting that Frank has any intention of putting him in with Kovalev anytime soon

The WBO ranking is what it is- you get a high ranking for winning those euro type belts that he has. Plus its good for promotional reasons and of course its franks job to hype him up. That's what Frank and Eddie etc do - sell B.S.

It doesn't mean that he's going to throw him in there- they've all been saying he needs work/experience - anybody with half a brain knows that.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree bud, no way does Frank throw him in with anyone even remotely fringe world level yet, never mind the likes of Kovalev.

Dragon Punch likes this.
  7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    So if Browne takes the Beterbiev fight and then WBO call in the mandatory for Kovalev what do you think Frank does? He will get slaughtered for not putting him after he’s built him up to be this big destroyer and also there’s a lot of pound signs infront of his eyes. Do you risk Yarde getting beat by a fringe level fighter instead of cashing him out?

What id also say is it could be one of those no lose fights. Similar to Brook - GGG and Khan - Canelo. A L on the record but no damage to reputation losing to a superior fighter.

8. STEPHEN1990

Aug 22, 2017
    It would be a lose lose because Khan and brook to there credit jokes a side are good skilled fighter and can compete with world level elite guys however long it last they will not be completely out classed but yarde is built as a complete beast wrecking ball and kovalev would destroy him quick he would just punch straight throw that trash shoulder rolll and completely out class how can Frank hype him up As the the man that takes over light heavy after that no way

9. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Can you show me a quote from Frank where he has said that he is ready for Kovalev now. Everything I’ve heard from frank and Yarde’s team Is that they are not rushing him. I don’t think any rational boxing fan would slate frank for not taking the fight at this point - it would be ridiculous and Yarde would no doubt get a hiding.

If the WBO do get in touch, I imagine the conversation will go something like this-

WBO President ‘’hey frank, we’re thinking that Yarde might want to fight Krusher next for the title, we can call the mandatory now if you would like old friend...’’

Frank ‘’ no thanks Paco, we’re not ready- let Kovalev have some more volunatries - I’ll let you know when it’s time. Next time you come over on a jolly at my expense to watch Yarde defend your euro belt thingy I’ll take care of you so you can leave him at No 1- is that cool’’

WBO president ‘’yes, cheers frank - see you April 14th’’

Davo and zulander like this.
  10. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    WTF is happening to the world. Warren is now being accused of rushing his stars?!?!?!

If anyone thinks Warren might have even a small thought in his mind about rushing a fighter's career, please refer to Calzaghe, Hatton, Naz, Enzo, Cleverly, etc.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  11. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
  12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Robney and lewis gassed like this.
  13. STEPHEN1990

Aug 22, 2017
    100% that chin made of glass lol

14. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    This is an extremely poor opponent - I’m very dissapointed. Yarde 100% needs experience, but this fight is just rubbish.

15. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Either fight for the British,Euro, or commonwealth next