Antonio Tarver: If Manny Pacquiao Beats Errol Spence, He's The GOAT.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    You crazy if you think he would win a slugfest against Spence. Pac will go to sleep for sure doing that.

2. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    making pacquiao the goat involves ignoring 300 years of USA boxing. Also implies a person that was born last night.

sasto likes this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Margarito a G Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    What makes you think Pac can't beat Spence in a slugfest? He punches harder, faster, and from weird angles.

Best left hand in the business. Puts iron chinned men in survival mode.

4. bandeedo

bandeedo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    i doubt you would find many to argue against top 20. that in itself is a monumental feat doubt you can find 1 person in boxing today that can even dream about reaching such heights in this day and age. you cant even compare the situation to any other. from a fly to legitimately challenge for the ww championship of the world against the unified and longest reigning champ in the division...at 42. you couldnt sell it as a script, too cartoonish.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Spence is bigger and stronger. Pac is not a slugger. He's a in and out fighter. He will get beat down at his age. Yall need to be realistic. This is an older Pac.

6. RacingBeat

RacingBeat Casual lives matter Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Preach!

7. shadow111

shadow111 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Just want to remind you that Pac drained Cotto at a 145 lb catchweight, and Pac drained an old De La Hoya down an entire weight class making him a corpse. In fact, Mayweather criticized Pac for draining people before Mayweather ever drained anyone. Then Mayweather proceeded to drain Canelo, then Cotto proceeded to drain Middleweights. So you can't take the high road like Pac was above weakening his opponents when he was the first one to start the catchweight draining stuff.

But the difference with Canelo is that he never drained anyone like that. For all the fighting at 155 that people complain about, he was fighting smaller guys who were coming up in weight, so none of those instances involved draining a naturally bigger guy. Rehydration clauses, whatever you think of those vs much bigger fighters, still not the same as draining a fighter at a catchweight well below his normal weight in a title fight as Mayweather, Pac, Cotto did.

8. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Pac has beaten more champions. Has had a longer career. Jumped through more weight classes which have been proven to be very hard to do, ask Donaire and Rigo or Mikey. He didn't do it once or twice, he did it 8 times across 10 divisions and not just beating paper champs, lineal and ring champ in 5 of those, 4 of the original weight classes. SRL has more single great wins, but Pac's body of work trumps his. Look at how many HOFers are on his resume, it's more than SRLs. Oldest WW champ at the highest level.

For the record, I rate SRL EASILY in the top 10, so is Floyd, and I wouldn't argue for either of them being rater above Pac, or vice versa. It's a matter of opinion depending on which you value more.

9. boxingjunky

boxingjunky New Member Full Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Come on man, Everybody had Pac winning that fight BUT the judges and your taking a 38yr old and comparing him. What Pac did may NEVER be duplicated, SRR is def a ATG but we can't ignore the legendary things that modern fighters have been able to achieve. Archie Moore, Ray Robinson, Langford, Jack Johnson were all great fighters but does that mean fighters like Michael Spinks, Pacman, Holyfield and Lennox didn't have the skills to compete with the old school guys and dare I say Beat thiem in their respective eras .......NO, of course not. These guys were Human. Lets not forget that. Ive always wondered how Hearns and Hagler would,ve did vs SRR. People forget that a fighter by the name of Artie Levin had Ray Robinson down for a count of 9!

10. Pimp C

Pimp C F 12 & Goofies Stay Dangerous Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Fair post but Irrelevant when you're talking about the level of champs that srl beat. Benitez Duran hearns and Hagler. Srl could have only fought and beat those 4 guys and he'd be an atg. Those group of wins stack against any boxer in history and pacs don't match that. MAB is his best win he's no where close to Benitez who's the least great out of that group of 4. What srl did was incredible 4 wins over top 45 atg or better. Pac has had a great career he's an atg but he hasn't done better than that also srl went from 147-175 that's a incredible feat as well and can't be dismissed. I would argue that was even harder given the level of boxers he beat to do it.

cslb likes this.
  11. Pimp C

Pimp C F 12 & Goofies Stay Dangerous Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    The problem is the fight should have never been close to begin with, horn is a bum. He should have won that fight easily. That's the problem with pac he lost to guys and struggled with guys he had no business doing that with. He's an atg I will never take that away from him but he's not as great as srl or better fighters for that reason.

12. tinman

tinman Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Pac beating Lamotta would be far more impressive than Robinson beating Lamotta since Ray is about three times the size of Pac.

13. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Active Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    People saying SRR couldn't do it in today's era, you're right.

But if we're playing that card, it's equally correct that Pac couldn't do it in SRR's era.

There is no doubt though that today's fighters are more safety first when it comes to maintaining a perfect record. They hide behind governing bodies (Wilder for example) so they can take in money and beat up punching bags.

14. JOKER

JOKER Margarito a G Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    People who threw punches professionally and who are living legends are calling him the GOAT.

Bofo24 likes this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    SRR is a first ballot hall of famer and he did what he was supposed to do

He's decapitate Manny and Floyd at 147 but trust me they would both give him that work at 126 and 130