Antony Small

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by scurlaruntings, Jul 16, 2007.

1. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    What was up with that ******ed ring entrance? All of a sudden its popular to be a freaking Muslim!!!! **** me this is boxing not some prayer meeting.Boy was i glad old war horse Bradley KO`ed his cocky arse.I thought he could have been something special but his arrogance for a rookie is ****ing annoying.Oh well there goes his world class asperations:yep

2. Smazz20

Smazz20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Of course. He lost. May aswel retire now.

3. Badman B

Badman B New Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    yes, that was disgraceful, rubbing your religion in everyones face. i used to like his attitude but that was just weird

4. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    He only lost that fight because he kept taking breathers during the rounds lieing on the ropes. I dont really think his stamina is the issue, he was just using a floored game plan.

If he had fought as well as he could have he would have got a decision. I really like his style in the ring, and I dont care whether he is a born again muslim or not. We are judging the guy as a boxer not a peronality.

5. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    If he wants to enter to Muslim music, let him do it as far as I'm concerned. I also think the stoppage was bull**** but I guess thats another matter.

6. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    disgraceful stoppage. If he was that hurt he would have been down. He stood up to those shots and was comfortably the better fighter. First time I have seen the guy and I was impressed although he seems a right knob

7. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Definately NOT World class.

Well done Bradly.:happy

8. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Although he seems a much better bloke, Bradley is definately not world class either. In fact he was slow and cumbersome and didnt impress me.

Seems a good guy though from the interviews

9. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    I dont believe Bradley Pryce to be World class...

10. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Bradley`s never been world class and he knows it.His just a gutsy warrior with tons of balls who`s been in many a war and wears his heart on his sleeve.The stoppage was a bit poor but Small has himself to blame only.The kids got talent but his arrogance got the better of him and he was beaten deservedly because of his foolish tactics.

11. archie

archie Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    completely agree!! If he wants to enter the ring dressed as a ladyBoy I couldn't care..it is fighters like him that British boxing needs right now! This sport is losing out to the hollywood glitz and glamour of UFC everyday, next boxing will be losing out to wrestling if we aint careful and people like Anthony Small are doing their bit to bring a bit of personality back to the sport...you should be encouraging this!! And for what it is worth..and I was there to see it, the stoppage was a disgrace...the fight was far from over..that saying, he may still not of won??

12. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    to be honest, as a muslim i was as offended....

coming out to a prayer whilst wearing a scream mask? thats like a devout christian attending sunday service dressed as freddie kruger.

keep sports and religeon separate...

as for anthony small, he looked ok in the first couple of rounds, but he just does not have enough natural ability to pull off that kind of fighting style. its like he made a decision to imitate roy jones jr before he made the decision to learn how to box.

13. dwilson

dwilson Guest

True about the glitz and glamour thing but i do not know f you have noticed but islam is not so popular at the moment and acts like that will go down badly. It does not bother me that he's a muslim.I just wanted him knocked out for being a dickhead. The stoppage was hilarious and much deserved.

14. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    my favourite thing about the stoppage was the way pryce just dropped his arms and looked at small after he'd knocked him back onto the ropes.

15. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Serves him right getting taken care of like that, anyone that calls themself "Sugar Ray Clay" needs a good spanking if ya ask me.