Antony Small

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by scurlaruntings, Jul 16, 2007.

1. hopkinsfan07

hopkinsfan07 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    small was hurt but it wasent much more than what small was doing to pryce in the rounds he completly dominated

2. doggyland

doggyland Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    No - i just want to know what time the fight started!...I left the venue half way through the heavyweight bore - never watched any of it - had a beer - was it on after Skelton v Sprott ? - cos if it was - that was late and maybe the ref was under pressure to get things finished and get the people out of there.

I still haven't seen ther Small v Pryce fight .

3. BigBo1975

BigBo1975 New Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Why not give him a standing 8 count, is there something in the boxing rules that didn't alow one?!?!

He was in no where near as much trouble as Khan was....You could see that in the 6th he was taking a breather and whilst he did indeed take a good shot in the 7th, he was still trying to slip the punches on the ropes, not standing there taking them square on the jaw. Anyway, why should you have to punch back?!? That has inherent risks in that you're more likely to get hit again if you try to punch back rather than soak up the punishment and let someone punch themselves out alittle.....complete bull....

Whether you like him as a person, at the end of the day, he is a hard working professional boxer who does entertain and has alot of ability.........

4. DonPrestige

DonPrestige Active Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Very good point.

What about a standing 8 count because please I'm sure 9 out of 10 people would agree that he was not out on his feet. No more than Pryce was earlier in the fight and definately no more than khan and limmond were in their fight.

Back to this religion issue, Why cant you praise your God, Gods, statues whatever and not be a hypocrite. Remember this isnt quite the bare nuckle days and even if it was is it not a sport. One man challenging another to a duel. Are you really being hypocritical by praying for a divine helping hand or giving thanks for a win. Its a sport and in my humble opinion its no different to praying so you can win a race, game championship, in any other sport. What would you say to those British soldiers, hell any soldiers from the beginning of time who pray for victory and safety even if it only brings them some comfort and the strengh to be brave.

5. Napuis

Napuis Straight talkin' mo'fuhha Full Member

May 12, 2007
    Two points.

1) He was hurt, being punched and not throwing back.
    2) Anyone stupid enough to pretend they're hurt in a boxing match (to the extent of fooling everyone [including the ref]) when they're on the ropes and being punched continually deserves to be TKOd to protect what brains they have left. Even Ali in the roperdope didn't pretend to be hurt. He made a point of Foreman knowing he wasn't hurt!

Small was beaten fair and square. Manfredo jr's stoppage was worse.

6. Snorkel

Snorkel Active Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    There was nothing fair and square about it. Pryce caught him with two punches, the first that staggered him and a second while he was on the ropes. He blocked a number in between - hardly the sign of a man who can't think straight - and carried on blocking after the second landed. The fact he'd been defending himself in this fashion the entire fight should surely have been recognised by the ref as a sign he was still fit to fight.

For my money, this was worse than the Calzaghe stoppage because it a was competitive fight. Manfredo had no chance as he'd been dominated for 3 rounds whereas Small was actually ahead on my card before he ate 2 punches from the modest hitting Pryce.

7. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007

Every point is correct

Only the biggest pryce fan or small hater can say that was a fair stoppage.

Who amongst you who actually saw the fight thought that fight was over. He was no more hurt than pryce was earlier in the contest.

what pisses me off is that it was the fans who suffered, especially after the heavyweight debacle

8. Napuis

May 12, 2007
    yawn. Small was being beaten like little *****.

I didn't even know who Price was when he was slammin shots into his face, but I knew it was a good call all the same.

9. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    This is bull, he was not beaten like a *****. In the rounds he won before the round he was stopped unfarily, he looked very stylish and dominant.
    He has some serious skills, more so than most of the british boxers out there and he needs to work on his tactic of playing on the ropes to play possom. I think he also needs to keep his work rate at a higher level. Pryce is a good solid pro aswell, so do not belittle his quality.:patsch

10. Napuis

May 12, 2007
    I'm not belittling his quality, just think anyone denying he was hurt and being badly punched in that round was watching the fight with a blindfold on.