Anybody else think Joyce beats Dubois?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Eye of Timaeus, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Agreed.

Dan's jab is nasty. He could win a fight on that alone. Add his power and Joyce's lack of ideas = Dan via KO.

2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Joyce is a big man notably taller, but weight wise is there anything in it ? I think if Joyce is there in the later rounds he could claw it back, I just don't think he can a hide from the power of dubois until then

Here's Johnny and LoadedGlove like this.
  3. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
  4. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Great fight, can't see Joyce winning though or seeing the final bell

5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I'm backing Joyce although I expect it will likely be a controversial split decision either way.

6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’ve got Joyce slowly grinding Dubois down and leaving him in a heap in about 8 rounds.

Dubois hasn’t really fought anyone who can put pressure on for 12 rounds and has a good chin.

if Dubois proves me wrong and stops Joyce then I will believe the hype finally but up until now he’s fought a lot of bums, struggled with an ancient Kevin Johnson, stopped Gorman who was overhyped and did nothing since and got wobbled to his boots by lartey who at the time was ranked something like 350th in the world on boxrec, I’m still not sold

7. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Very harsh on him imo. I agree somewhat with the Gorman comment, Warren did a great job turning him into an opponent but it showed just how far Dubois has developed.

I wouldn't say Lartley hurt him that much and that was largely down to Dubois just standing and trading. He adjusted and got the win which he should get credit for.

Agree about the hype, i hate to overrate any prospects, especially one with such limited amateur pedigree until they have faced somebody. If he beats Joyce well, I might be tempted to jump on the train.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    On the face of it this should be an evenly matched fight.

But the more you think about it, the more it looks like being an absolutely brutal beat down for Joyce.

I think Joyce will take a certain amount of serious punishment then he will completely fold, and be stopped.

Less than 8 rounds.

Holler likes this.
  9. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Dubois needs to start to throw a straight right though, is there a reason so many heavyweights in particular seem to throw a looping right?

I've noticed he also doesn't really throw uppercuts, so needs to start implementing that into his game.

10. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Dubois is gonna have a problem with Joe's workrate. Volume punchers are extremely difficult to deal with.

11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I heard good things about Joyce and Martin Bakole sparring in Surbiton today

12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This content is protected

13. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Don’t write Joyce off he’s a lump and relentless and throws unconventional shots. I just think Dubois will be just looking for the big KO and that might work against him. If Dubois connects though it’s all over but if it went distance it’s a Joyce win.

14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Not sure about that. Against Gorman, which was probably his biggest fight so far, he worked off a much improved jab. It's just Gorman couldn't hang with that power. Dubois seems to listen to his coaches so I'm sure he will stick to a plan.

Heisenberg likes this.
  15. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Intriguing fight this. I can see what people mean about the punch volume and pressure of Joyce. They are good assets that will maybe put pressure on the untested Dubois. However, I think Joyce is very hittable and he’ll eventually be hit with something big. I also wouldn’t be surprised for Joyce to hurt Dubois early wading in a bit cumbersome before he lets Dubois find his range with the jab.

If I bet, I’d do Dubois stoppage round 7-12.