Anybody know this about Sol Dacres?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scott Cork, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Scott Cork

Scott Cork Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2021
    His amateur record and he was he ever stopped?

2. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

Solomon Dacres has signed to Queensberry. I presume Warren wants to make Wardley vs Dacres, but I think Wardley will take on Fraser Clarke instead. Maybe he can make Dacres vs Adeleye instead. I have Dacres winning that comfortably on points to be honest.

3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Told you Frank would have something to offer at the very least

Bfcad likes this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Wardley knocks him out easy

He ain't all that

Inglis_1 likes this.
  5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yup Wardley walks right through Dacres who has no power.

Why are these HWs moving to Queensbury? It's a genuine question as well, not trying to start the usual Matchroom v Boxxer/Queensbury fights that take up most threads on here.

6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Not worth the money he was getting. Not exciting enough, lacks power and doesn’t want the step up fights, pretty mutual decision

Wizbit1013 and DramaShow like this.
  7. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Hearn let Dacres go as he didn't want to take the tough fights Matchroom were offering him. I presume this means they won't return to Birmingham regularly so it makes sense to let him go. Also frees up a space for Delicious Orie from the amateurs.

Dacres is the only heavyweight who left Matchroom recently I think. Wardley was never signed to Matchroom and he also isn't signed to Queensberry. He's going to fight Fraser Clarke next on Sky. Fair play to him as he could just hide behind a promoter and not take these fights.

8. Goober

Goober Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2022
    What tough fights was he offered by matchroom?

9. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    I'm not sure but I presume significant step-ups from Chris Thompson who he last fought. Remember Matchroom were happy to let Agyarkho leave because he wouldn't fight Troy Williamson until he did a u-turn. The problem for Dacres is that no-one really knows who he is and he has a boring style to watch. If you're someone like Justis Huni with tremendous potential it doesn't matter, but Dacres' ceiling isn't world level.

Dacres had a long amateur career so it's disappointing. Remember Johnny Fisher only had about 10 amateur fights and recently fought for the Southern Area Title 2 and a half years after turning professional.

It's not a bad move for Dacres as Warren's stable is thinner so he'll box higher up on the cards. Hopefully Warren doesn't waste his time and offers him the Adeleye fight soon. Dacres wins that one comfortably.

Goober likes this.
  10. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    Lol, like he would know!

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    He might do well because he has the apex predator Brummie accent

12. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    dacres thirty year old best nobody hes crap put him in with automa

13. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Think it's because he has the big cash cow at heavyweight at the moment, bit like people went to Hearn when he had Canelo.

14. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    No it isn't. The only heavyweight to have moved to Queensberry recently is Dacres. Wardley never signed a contract with Warren and will fight Fraser Clarke on Sky next. Dacres is British level and will never get near to world level to fight someone like Fury.

How are you comparing Dacres signing to Queensberry to fighters like Saunders, Andrade, Berlanga etc signing to Matchroon?