Anyone a wee bit suspicious of Inoue?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bjl12, May 7, 2024.

1. bjl12

bjl12 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Never seen Nery hurt like that and the first 2 KD came on glorified arm punches. I'm not saying Inoue is cheating, because I believe he isnt, but this was the only fight in his entire career that seemed odd to me.

Yes, he jas fantastic technique and torques his body incredibly. Even so, he seems to have that Beterbiev devastating arm punch power. With Beterbiev he's been in 1 division his whole career so its kinda understandable, but Inoue carrying all that power into his 4th division. Just a little suspicious.

And no this is not some Breadman/Fulton nuthugging. I cant stand Breadman - hes a fraud and a terrible trainer. I think Inoue is clean but his power was strangely effective in a way that never stood out to me versus Donaire or Tapales or Fulton or Butler or Moloney. His technique always paired well with the KDs/KOs/general power.

Thoughts?

chacal, MorvidusStyle and pacas like this.
  2. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Here's a thought.

YDKSAB.

I have most of Nerys fights and he has been dropped by way lesser fighters and lesser punchers than Inoue. If you're looking for an example to throw some BS accusations at Inoue you picked the wrong fight and the wrong fighter (Nery) .

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Asian Chi-Force Bruce Lee shocking power

4. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    As others have said, this is Nery. It's not like this guy had a granite chin.

5. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    No chance, the culture of the Japanese is to dedicate yourself to achieving perfection.
    He uses technique that iam familiar with and that is whip and torque from the big toe, the ball of the foot, the calf, the knee, the thigh, the hips, the shoulder, the bicep, the forearm and the twist of the wrist at the end, but ultimately the difference with his technique is that he doesn’t follow through with his punches he snaps them so the impact reaches the full force at the point of contact rather than following through.
    But basically he’s a beast

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    There's a reason why I confidently picked Figueroa to stop him.... both clips time stamped. So not only was I expecting Inoue to KO him, I knew it wouldn't take the biggest punch. So... nothing suspicious at all. Quite frankly he lasted longer than I thought he would.
    This content is protected

This content is protected

7. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    There's a rumor, and I want to emphasize the word rumor (hence why it is in bold, Italian and underlined, the holy trinity of winword.exe) that Inoue is actually the twin brother of Ayanami Rei.

8. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He caught Nery with flush counter left hooks. Inoue's counter left hook has always been lethal, you clearly haven't been following his career, as that's always been a major weapon of his and that's one punch you never want to get hit by, by Inoue.

So no not suspicious at all as he's been doing this since the start of his pro career and even his amateur record shows he's always had crazy power with a 75-6 (48 KO's or RSF's) record.

Also hilarious that we should be suspicious of Inoue based on that performance when he was facing a Nery who of the two is one who's actually failed a drug test previously.

Japan as a nation to has a very low levels of doping in all sports in general. According to the 2021 WADA report they test more than the vast majority of nations and have the 2nd fewest number of failed tests as a percentage of total tests. Japan's "kokuminsei" or national character which makes them conform to the expected social behaviour is likely in part why that is and why they also have such a low crime rate despite the long term economic problems. Suffice to say, the chances of Inoue doing anything to bring shame to his name and family is highly unlikely.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1287455/athletics-sports-doping-violations-by-country-worldwide/

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/2023-01/2021_anti-doping_testing_figures_en.pdf

9. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I don't understand where this "suspicion" is coming from. How is Inoue's KO of Nery anymore different than his previous KOs? Nery has been dropped a few times prior as well. Those "arm punches" were well timed left hooks. It was expected for Inoue to get the KO done on Nery.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  10. Diagoras

Diagoras Active Member Full Member

May 25, 2012
    As Brighton bomber pointed out his amateur record is 75-6 with 48 stoppages which is insanely high for amateur boxing, there is footage of him KO'ing amateur opponents cold as a kid

Also if he is taking something, then why is his younger brother an utter featherfist? Both are trained by their dad, are we saying Shingo is only sharing the secret sauce for power with his elder son because he is so partial to him?

11. The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2023
    Guy launches a thread making a veiled accusation at a champion and then lacks the stones to actually go through with the accusation.

How truly pathetic.

12. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
  13. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
  14. gneall

gneall Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2022
    A champion, getting knockouts???? SUS!

DarkHorse901 and vast like this.
  15. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Nery chin is pure glass and his defense is leaky.