Anyone else feel like that ending was a tiny bit fishy?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MagicE, Nov 7, 2021.

1. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Similar to the Kov KO, it was like he just chose to end it there and then and it was all a bit too picture perfect for me.

Maybe I'm a bit too suspicious and the left that started the end was a good shot but I don't know man, it just didn't sit 100% right with me...

Quina74, pacas and Finkel like this.
  2. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Glamour fights in boxing are WWE with better kayfabe
    :couch:

Quina74, lepinthehood and MagicE like this.
  3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
  4. MagicE

Aug 16, 2017
    you like that emoji today!

5. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Its great!

MagicE likes this.
  6. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    No.

Plant had been gradually wearing down and got hurt late by a judicious, hard punch. It happens.

BitPlayerVesti and Pepsi Dioxide like this.
  7. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    No, he got caught with a good one and that was all she wrote with a great finish from Canelo

8. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Errrrrr... you do realise how ****ed a fighter is in the 11th round, right?

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No, not even close. The neck wrenching whiplash inducing left hook he landed on Plant that started the sequence of events that led to the KO, would have broken most people's necks, if not flat out killed them. The same could be said for the uppercut that followed.

KiwiMan, sasto and pacas like this.
  10. Mike_b

Mike_b Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    I really don't know where that punch landed on Caleb, my stream was lagging, but anyway Caleb seemed to have a great chin for the most part. I think going to his temples (headshot) would have worked better than tagging him on the chin all night with the left hook. Then again I did not see the final blow that started the beginning of the end. From replays it obviously was flush and cp was hurt to state the obvious. But will watch again.

11. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    The uppercut when he was on the way down did not help Plant either. The zombie walk across the ring tells me nothing was staged.

navigator and CST80 like this.
  12. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Nope. The left hook stunned him and he ate a huge uppercut and then another left hook on the way down. Plant did well to get up from that, but it was over. Could've been stopped after the first KD.

13. MagicE

Aug 16, 2017
    I agree with everyone saying the punch was flush, and so was the Kov one. They're legit knockouts.

BUT

It's just the way he came out like it was written to be ended in that moment, maybe he just sensed his opponent was done and it was time to step in, maybe the opportuity just presented itself and he took it, maybe the guy is just that good that he can end it when he wants, but there's something there that is a bit suss to me

pacas likes this.
  14. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Don't forget the Super Middle Weight Champion, Smith, who holds the record for jabs thrown in a SMW contest, forgetting how to jab and playing pattercake and your-turn-my-turn with Canelo.

Add to that Tyson Fury in the 12th popping his eyes open and sitting up like the undertaker, then fighting on like nothing happened.

Pure sports entertainment
    :couch:

pacas, Quina74 and MagicE like this.
  15. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Lol I thought similar... It wasn't a beat down at all.. Then Plant just sort of got dropped out of nowhere.. But it all just looked odd.. Like you said, I can't put my finger on it.

It's got to be said fixes don't usually come to mind when I watch boxing... But Canelos fights are just weird

Kovalev, Angulo, Smith, Yildrim, Chavez Jr are all suspect fights.. Kova and Yildrim are imo definitely fixes. Most blatant fixes I've seen. This fight lesser so but the ending got me thinking

MagicE, heerko koois and pacas like this.