Anyone else have no interest in Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier 3?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by iloverachel, Jun 16, 2020.

1. iloverachel

iloverachel Member banned Full Member

Jun 12, 2020
    As a fan of MMA I should be hyped for big title fights like this but I don't find it that interesting for some reason.
    Also Chris Weidman is returning to fight but I don't really care.

Is anyone else feeling lack of interest in these fights or is it only me.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  2. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Cormier deserves one last beating for the eye pokes

3. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    It's a rematch that needs to happen to settle it imo. Both have a win by stoppage over the other.

On Chris Weidman still fighting. Well that's on his family and friends to have a word with him because all he has been doing the last 3-4 yrs is being brutally finished. I don't care about Weidman after he tried to cheat Mousasi out of a legit win.

4. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Not really.

Cormier has nothing really to lose in taking the fight, though. I doesn't really matter at this stage if he wins or loses. He's had a legendary career.

I'd rather see Jones vs Miocic of course because there'd be a feeling of intensity and pressure on both sides to win.

Suspect.chin, Malph and Ph33rknot like this.
  5. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    The first fight was an awesome kayo, and the second fight was a dramatic war leading up to an awesome kayo. Seems like the third one will be exciting too.

I'm curious to see their tactics. DC burned himself out by wrestling too much last time. Will he be more selective in his takedown? Will Stipe go right back to the left hook to the body? Will DC have an answer for that body attack?

I promise I'm not just being a contrarian here, but I'm actually more stoked about this fight than any heavyweight fight since the first two Cain vs. JDS bouts. I don't know, I guess it just feels like this one will bring down the curtain on an era in heavyweight history. It wouldn't surprise me if both guys retire after this one.

6. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    looking forward to it, the 2 guys are gonna beat the **** out of each other again. How can a fight fan not look forward to it?

7. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I'm down but as people have said DC in a good spot

8. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    DC burned himself out wrestling? What fight did you watch? He lost because he stood with a striker, instead of wrestling more. Once Miocic started pounding that flab, it was a done deal.

Malph and yaca you like this.
  9. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Stipe NEEDS to move his head a LOT more this time around, and he needs to stay out of the pocket. He cruises to a victory if he implements the above.

I still think his adjustment of gameplan against DC last time (the bodyshots) is the best thing I’ve seen in years. I watch that regularly. Those shots were brutal.

10. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    DC all the way here. He gonna wrestle for 25 minutes. Already said it. It'll be an ugly fight but he doesn't care. Small cage. Promise u that, this will be an easy win for DC. He'll grab that single leg all night long. LET'S GO!!!

11. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Weidman seems like a genuenly nice guy. All America Family man. The guy doesn't have it anymore. But I wouldn't be surprised if he looks good in the gym and he/his team think he might have one more run left in him if he can put everything together. The skills might be there but he's been knocked out brutally too many times. Simply not durable enough to make the grade at the top level anymore. Has to fight a near perfect fight in order to come out on top. I won't be surprised if he loses this one. Omari may not be an elite guy but he's solid all around with some good power.

Samart'sTeep and Brixton Bomber like this.
  12. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    Rockhold ruined him. The amount of damage he took from that ground and pound, especially from the mount, was absolutely career changing. I'm not saying he would have been an all time great otherwise, but that beating effectively ended him. I bet he wishes every day that he could go back and never throw that shitty spinning wheel kick.

13. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    No, interest. I honestly believe the eye poke changed the first and damn nearly impacted the 2nd.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  14. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Absolutely. Weidman had a solid beard before that and the Romero losses. He was fighting more or less on even terms in that fight as well. a lot of people say USADA ruined him.... While there is probably truth to that claim those brutal losses played a big role as well.

15. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Yep that particular fight was yet ANOTHER horrible Herb Dean stoppage. The best in the business the deluded Joe Rogan always spews out. Yeah don't think so Joe, Herb is probably the very worst in the business. He's either way too early or way too late with his indecisive stoppages. Completely incompetent ref.