Anyone else not sold on Calum Smith?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Never understood this argument.
    Surely physical attributes/advantages are one of the main reasons which separates the best fighters from the rest ?

2. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Not completely sold either. No doubt he is a good fighter though.

Same aura now as when he was blasting people out in his first 10 fights or so is happening again.

I always say KOs cloud people's judgements and I think this is the case a bit with the Groves KO win.

He did struggle with Skoglund before and dropped quite a few rounds. Against Groves I had Groves starting to take over, I know he hurt Groves a couple of times but he still was starting to lose rounds.

I just think he's a bit one dimensional and his last 5 fights or so have shown that imo. The same issue will affect him as with most Gallagher fighters. Against technically skilled boxers I just don't think he will be able to adjust enough in the future.

There's no doubting he's an amazing finisher though.

I'd quite like to see the Kovalev fight, I think he's weak to the body and I think it's a perfect timing fight now. Kovalev is on the decline now imo and when hurt he doesn't recover well enough to keep someone like Smith off him if he got the opportunity.

lencoreastside and pow like this.
  3. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Good evening Chris sr how are you this evening?