Anyone else not that impressed with Shane mc's corner work on Saturday??

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smithson, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I wouldn't let that man show me how to do a push up let alone put my life in his hands.

Rob McCracken is the best British trainer, no one else comes close.

2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Billy I explained that Shane gave Carl wrong advice specifically after the 8th and 11th rounds and failed more generally to strategise and motivate Carl throughout the fight. (I repeat - Im not knocking Shane in saying that - just being honest).

3. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Probably because you both are in a very small pool of trainers and you cant afford to fall out with him in case you need him tomorrow for training facilities, sparring etc??? Same with Joe Gallagher....

4. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    lol joker

So the GB coach and probably best coach in the country is the only one qualified to train fighters by your standards

He's going to be a busy man

Clearly your a poor troll

5. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Clearly you suffer with reading difficulties.

You asked me who the best British coach was, to which I answered. I never alluded to the fact that he was the only one qualified to work with fighters. You also asked me about the cowboy Gary Lockett and again gave you my answer.

My previous point was that there are many poor standard British coaches who are stuck in their ways, not that Rob McCracken is the only person qualified to train fighters.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  6. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    i have fell out with Joe before but have no issue working with him whatsoever

7. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Len in your opinion Shane gave him wrong advice but can I be very blunt with you mate, I'm sure Shane doesn't give a f--k what you think, neither would any decent coach, it's about the boxer and his coach who spend hours upon hours together knowing each other and understanding what each other is aiming for, not you who make up assumptions and slag off at the drop of a hat
    Everybody makes mistake, that's life, we just try and learn by them, however on this occasion I can't put blame on Shane's shoulders, do remember and this is important, the BOXER has a responsibility to try and carry out the tactics and must carry the majority of the blame if he's not attempting to do so
    It's happened to me when a boxer all of a sudden thought they became a puncher, his style change on fight night he started loading up and was getting caught more than I'd ever seen him getting caught, whilst I'm in the corner cringing and people like you think there my tactics,

8. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Given how vain he comes across, I'm guessing he does.

9. undercut

undercut New Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2014
    I though McGuigan was lost showed his inexperience

10. undercut

undercut New Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2014
    I though McGuigan was lost showed his inexperience
    Is it ok to disagree with you dafty