Anyone else score the fight for ruiz?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I had ruiz winning, but it was a close fight. The dazn commentators were extremely biased for AJ. I thought ruiz landed the harder more cleaner shots and had AJ stunned multiple times. It makes business sense though, they can have a trilogy. AJ did his best wladmir impression. Its okay.

2. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Gabriel Iglesias & fat Albert had Ruiz winning too

MURK20, truth_teller and Ryan28 like this.
  3. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    You have got to be trolling. Even Ruiz believe he lost.

4. VBOX

VBOX JOURNEYMAN Full Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Even my dog had AJ winning a practical shutout. Get real.

5. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
  6. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Where is the unlike button for this Complete and utter load of old bollocks?

7. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Ruiz hardly did anything. Didn’t look anything like the fighter from June.

8. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    AJ won but didn't look a million bucks as some people are insinuating. He boxed okay, considering how he looked last time; but there weren't shades of Ali against a guy (who Jo Parker of all people) won a decision against. Joshua did what he needed to do against a 6'1 good boxer, who he'd seen for half a dozen rounds already. Hell even Hughy Fury could outbox Ruiz. Pulev would probably cruise to a decision win vs Ruiz. It's still the same AJ; a tall powerful guy who can outbox 6'1 Heavies, outbox overrated and negative Parkers of the world; but will have a little bit of skill to set up his game changing shots against fairly decent opposition. Wilder knocks him into next week IMO. Fury wins a decision easily. He is doing well by doing what he has to win fights; although being gifted that physique, height you'd probably not expect any less in this current age of HW's. AJ is still more an exquisite sportsman than an exquisite boxer. He is doing on-par performances as opposed to those worth praising profusely.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    roughdiamond likes this.
  9. lighteningjab

lighteningjab Member Full Member

May 6, 2018
    OP had his guide dog type that rot out.

10. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
  11. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Were you smoking crack?

Or perhaps you mistook Andy Ruiz for the large, black, gentleman who won the fight?

Because I had 10-2 for Joshua.

Sure, Joshua fought like he was wary of being hit, fought long, clinched and used movement. It was ugly, and not entertaining. But it was almost a shutout of Ruiz.

12. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Not a chance AR Jr won. A round or 2 he won. 283 was the final red flag before the fight. His training was questioned, eating was questioned. Nothing against AJ, he stuck to his game plan and got the W and his belts back. But Andy did himself zero favors in preparation. Big thing for Andy to do in the fight was cut the ring off, couldnt do it. AJ was the better man. Boxing and conditioning wise. AJ looked in great shape

velagod likes this.
  13. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Doesn't look like it

MURK20 and rorschach51 like this.
  14. Palooka

Palooka Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2015
    AJ totally dominated and controlled nearly every second of this fight. Ruiz had a few moments, like when he hurt AJ pretty bad at the end of the 4th round (I think it was the 4th, right?) but other than that he spent most of the time getting outboxed and doing nothing. AJ definitely took a page out of Wlad's book with the whole jab and grab routine but it wasn't anything as ugly as something like the Wlad vs Povetkin fight. In fact, overall his performance appeared more Ali than Klitschko to me.

15. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Oh yes, I definitely thought Ruiz won, no doubt about it, much the better fighter in there, what a robbery..... Oh hang on. My nurse is here with my medication... She's nice my nurse. I'll get back to you.... Soon..

madballster, pacas and Tramell like this.