Anyone here watch ONE Championship?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by ShovelHook, Nov 12, 2021.

1. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    If you want to watch MMA, kickboxing and Muay Thai, these guys cover all those bases, often times all in one card. Personally after watching many of their cards that they all stream for free on YouTube, I can confidently say that even at their lowest levels the striking is the highest standard you'll find in any MMA organisation. Truly fantastic events almost every time, plus Mike Schiavello is the best commentator in sports for me. He's funny off the cuff, his booming voice is unique and he has some awesome catchphrases like "Ooohhh there's the big kabosh!".
    Just wanna spread some awareness and give praise for the most underrated MMA organisation of the lot.

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I tend to watch several championships.

ShovelHook likes this.
  3. outtieDrake

outtieDrake Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2009
    its good for watching muay thai prospects getting into mma.

I mostly bet these days, i wish i could bet on One, but few sites allow that.

ShovelHook likes this.
  4. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Big Kabosh / Goodnight Irene guy I find annoying when he spams his catchphrases. It's an interesting promotion, though. Many of its fights are worth watching.

ShovelHook likes this.
  5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I like it a lot because it's on at a reasonable time of day (UK) and it's always free on YT.

So yeah, I see it a lot and I really enjoy it. I quite like MMA but I get bored by a whole card of it. I could watch Muay Thai all day. So this is perfect for me.

cross_trainer and ShovelHook like this.
  6. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    The weight classes are all over the place, but they're probably putting out the best content right now.

Anyone catch Petrosyan getting laid out a few weeks back? Frightening.

Bujia and ShovelHook like this.
  7. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    I watched it live and was in total awe of it, one of the best knockouts ever.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  8. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Any news on GP?

ShovelHook likes this.
  9. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    Last I heard he was recovering in hospital after getting surgery on his jaw which was broken by that kick. So yeah, he's somewhat healthy but gonna be feeling quite awful regardless.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Cheers bud.

ShovelHook likes this.
  11. Bujia

Bujia Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Arguably the best fighting org out there.

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  12. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Anyone watched Rodtang vs. Lasiri yesterday? As always great performance from Rodtang, he's like a tank.

13. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    One Championship isn't broadcast in my area but I know they use what they call the ‘Global Martial Arts Rule Set’, which is the Official Unified Rules of MMA with some ‘Asian rules’. Other times it’s been called a blend between Pride FC and UFC rules. And their fights aren’t scored round-by-round like they are in MMA rules, instead, the judges score the fight as a whole.

Bellator on the other hand is shown on Youtube, via Showtime for free in my area. Last night Vadim Nemkov won the million-dollar Grand Prix with a career-best, outstanding performance in a rematch against Corey Anderson.

This content is protected

14. lamarclark09

lamarclark09 Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2022
    I love one championship and I watched a lot, but yes I admit this is one of the most underrated MMA organizations but after watching this many times it becomes boring.

15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I haven't but it looks good