Anyone planning on travelling for Fury?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ButeTheBeast, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Id await the apparent press conference Monday and then we should have a clearer idea.

Potwash likes this.
  2. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The fight was always going to happen, since the first time it was announced before the Pianeta fight. Wilder travelled to Belfast for Fury's fight. That was evidence enough it was real.

They obviously wanted to officially announce it the day of the AJ/Povetkin fight. Rightly or wrongly, I gathered that weeks ago. They did that.

They didn't get the venue secured in time for the AJ/Povetkin fight. Big deal. They had several options and it looks as though they've gone with the staples centre. Official announcement imminent. Giving people a good nine weeks to organise their trip. Plenty of time.

Fury was evidently struggling with many issues for his Klitschko pull outs and wasn't in shape at all. He's now in great shape, posting on social media every day, hungrier than he's ever been. It's night and day. Not like he was the first fighter of all time to pull out of fights. It's evident now his life was in turmoil at the time. He didn't have a reputation for pulling out before that traumatic time of his life.

The fight is going ahead unless one or the other gets a legitimate injury, which can happen any fight. Anything outside of The above is a stick to beat Fury and Warren with. No point dressing it up as anything else. People hoping it won't happen. I find that baffling as a boxing fan!

Sphillips and pow like this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    People are realistic - he has serious form (eg Ustinov yet another example where he simply had a dose of the Gary Glitters at the weigh-in).

Fury, Haye, Klitschko up there on the main wall of The Fight Postponement Hall of Fame all facing serial card canceller Fish Warden.

Holler likes this.
  4. jaycea

jaycea Manc living in Canada Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I am thinking of making the trip from Canada but I was checking the Lakers schedule and they are playing at the Staple Centre Friday night at 7.30pm and then the Sunday at around noon, thats a quick turnaround for the boxing, either way this trip can be combined with one of those Basketball games.

pow likes this.
  5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Madness booking anything for this fight, we don't even know if it's confirmed. Also with Fury's history there's always a chance there will be a late pull-out.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if both Wilder and Fury are using this as a publicity stunt similar to how the Eubank's did with GGG.

6. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    So who ended up travelling for Fury? The best weekend of my ****ing life, I can now die a happy man.

Honestly shocked at how many travellers turned up to LA. Fury's got some serious drawing power.

Anyone else go?

Sphillips, Holler, Potwash and 3 others like this.
  7. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    One or two on the general mate. What were your highlights?

8. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Did the Caravans grow wings?

9. ButeTheBeast

May 27, 2012
    The entire entrance and fight, it was a feeling I can't describe. The 12nd round was like watching the resurrection live.

I also bumped into Ben Davison on Friday night in LA, told him that he his phone would be red hot after tomorrow night with boxers calling him.

Also met Fury's strength and conditioning coach at the airport.

LA is also such a wonderful city, so many nice places to eat and sights to see.

Holler, Potwash, 305th and 1 other person like this.
  10. ButeTheBeast

May 27, 2012
    Haha, being honest, I don't think they were actual travellers.

They seemed like wealthy gypsies, you had loads of guys in suits, no idea what they do for a living (probably drug smuggling).

11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Surprised Mick Hennessy was not invited along

12. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Trip of a lifetime mate. Are the women there as hot as they seem on tv? What did you make of the fight live?

13. ButeTheBeast

May 27, 2012
    The women were stunning. Although, a lot of that could be down to the fact that they can afford the very best make up and clothes. Living in LA is bloody expensive, you need to be earning serious money!

The fight was incredible, I had a really good view of the action. I was quite pleased with the way I scored the fight live, when I watched it back on television. Watching Fury's feints live is a thing of beauty, it makes you understand how hard it is to nail him. He never stops moving.

Holler, Twentyman and 305th like this.
  14. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Very interesting re prices and Fury's defence. I was under the impression America was generally cheaper than here although LA accepted.

What did you make of Wilder and as importantly did you snare a Latina by telling her you were the 4th in line to the throne and putting on a Colin Firth accent as is standard?

Holler likes this.