Anyone worried about judging/refereeing Saturday?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ash234, May 14, 2024.

1. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    I'm always worried about the judging in general, moreso in big fights.

2. Jamesofthenorth

Jamesofthenorth New Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2023
    Gonna be a draw innit..... Controversial cards.

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The rumours are that Turki is annoyed at Fury's inactivity and some of his bizarre behaviour. They would be happy if Usyk won as at least the HW champion would fight twice per year, and would not regularly make a tit out of themselves.

I think Usyk gets the nod on 2 judges cards at least and wins a MD or UD.

I cannot see it being like the last undisputed when they legitimately robbed Lewis and gave it as a draw. When Holyfield did not win more than 2 maybe 3 rounds.

4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’ve no doubt that the plan all along has been for Fury and AJ to meet for undisputed, this is what the excellent Turkey, Bricktop Frank and Fast Car Eddie have been planning all along. There is zero chance of Usyk winning on close cards no matter how deserved it is. I’ll be royally gutted if Usyk is shafted by the judges or a referee that lets Fury lean all over him.

Jacko, crixus85, tomclarky and 2 others like this.
  5. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    The rematch is already signed and sealed so would not be surprised if this fight ends in a contraversial draw.

Heisenberg and Astro like this.
  6. Faz42

Faz42 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Absolute bobbins.

Uysk fights less than fury because he needs the gap between fights at heavyweight if you know what I mean

Since the bellew fight he's only bought once a year.

7. Faz42

Faz42 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2020
    It's not only the rematch signed, there's this fight, a fight in October to open Riyadh season followed by a "title" fight at the end of Riyadh season to close it. This is expected to be fury vs aj or fury vs dubois as they expect hrgovic if he beats dubois and is number 1 contender for the ibf to not fight for the belt as it will be stripped.

There's then a Wembley showcase fight pencilled in for summer under turki which will be fury vs aj as a rematch or fight.

The bloke who told me all along this fight was pencilled in for March/April not december told me this and he was spot on.

8. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    100%. If Fury wins though , I can see Turki giving team Usyk a very big brown envelope to step aside, regroup and fight the winner of Fury v AJ. That way, the IBF get their mandatory and everyone’s a winner.

Potwash likes this.
  9. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Fury is going to win so he won’t. Mad the way Fury flavour of the month has changed. Fickle as the general public this forum.

10. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    How though? Joshua isn't the IBF mandatory? That belt will almost certainly be up for grabs, the IBF have waited since the end of 2020 for a mandatory; WBA had Dubois last year and Usyk got in via the WBO before that... IBF isn't known for its patience either.

WBC will be in the wings soon too, they had Whyte 2 years ago but will want to have their ranking recognised next so they can make another shitty one-off belt for it.

11. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The more I think about it the more a draw seems a very likely outcome on Saturday. I genuinely don’t see Fury getting involved with Usyk at close quarters at all and the fight going the distance.

12. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    I’m probably wrong, but I thought AJ and Wallin were the IBF’s number 2 and number 3 when they fought? So I’m pretty sure there’s enough money for the winner of the IBF’s ‘official’ eliminator between Hrgovic and Dubois to step to one side and allow AJ to be a mandatory.

smoking mirrors likes this.
  13. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    Only one of Fury and Usyk has ever failed a drugs test mate and only one of them has pulled out of this fight already.

As for his activity, in 2019 he got injured before a fight in June, 2020 was COVID, 2021 Matchroom were waiting for crowds to be allowed in the UK before the Joshua fight and 2022 Joshua wanted as much time as possible with his new trainer before the rematch.

Last edited: May 16, 2024
    Sonny1 likes this.
  14. William Reader

William Reader Member Full Member

May 16, 2024
    That doesn't mean Usyk isn't doping. That's pub talk. By that logic when a boxer is popped it's his first time doping.

I am not concerned about the cards and believe the best man will win. Who that will be, I don't know, as both are legendary boxers who have dazzled us for well over ten years. Fury is a British sporting great. I was present for the Evander Holyfield vs Lennox Lewis first bout at Madison Square Garden and there was nowhere near the buzz for that as there is for this. Lewis simply wasn't someone to which the public gravitated. We have watched Fury grow and he is now adored by the British public, to the dismay of vacant belt winners like Tony Bellew (I read today on BBC). I had planned to go to Saudi for this, but had an operation to deal with and I am truly disappointed to be missing out. So here I am. I will be rooting for Tyson Fury to bring the belts home to the British Isles. How inspiring would that be for all of the young men down in the dumps at the moment? It would lift a nation.

My name's William (or Wills) Reader. Retired lecturer. I coach aspiring shot putters up and down the length of Scotland.

Pleased to meet you, ash234, and anyone else reading.

Jacko, ash234 and Beale like this.
  15. Faz42

Faz42 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Mate I've been around ped users in semi pro and pro sport (admittedly not boxing) and have good friends/family who are household name sports people including boxers. Uysk and a lot of 80s born Russian bloc fighters all have the same what we call hgh eyebrows it comes from hgh increasing bone density in this area.

Take a look a rugby league players from around the mid 90s onwards. One of my friends who sadly took his own life was one of the first popped for hgh in the UK. Prior to him testing it was widespread between his fellow teammates and they were getting away with it because at that point you could only test positive if you were tested within 20 minutes of taking it.

In fact take a look at the Leeds rhino players 96/97 97/98 and 98/99 team photos and you can spot a mile off whose using hgh and who isn't even if they weren't caught. It's exactly the same with Russian bloc fighters.

Maybe I'm biased though as a close friend lost out on recieving a world championships silver in front of their terminally ill father from 2 Russians who subsequently tested positive and were stripped years after he died and the gold medallist also failed but kept their medal.