Anything coming from Camp Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ukansodoff, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I know its sounding very promising that this is legit but im hearing it is going to be in December so is Deontay still looking to fight in September? Or do you think he may now hang on until the Fury fight.

Ive heard the Fury one will be in the States, is close to being finalised and it just needs Tyson to get through his upcoming bout against Pianeta. But nothing about Wilder. Is it too short a gap from September to December? Is a mandatory not due yet? I cant remember if Ortiz was one or not.

2. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Camp Wilder? Is that Deontay wearing pink shorts and gloves?

Mr Icaman, Gymbot and ipitythefool like this.
  3. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Ahh, maybe i shoulda said Team rather than camp. No agenda, not trolling. Personally i was looking forward to the Breazeale fight which was always floating around in the background.

4. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    According to Wilder's hometown newspaper, if the fight is signed for December, he won't be fighting until then.

Just defenses against Luis Ortiz and Tyson Fury this year. (Clears throat.)

Ukansodoff likes this.
  5. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This fight may actually have some legs and "camp Wilder" are unusually quiet....

Normally he would be on Instagram spreading seamen all over the world and his nut sack riders would be lapping it up..

They seem to be lapping up Fury's atm which is a welcome change..

6. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    I dunno. Maybe his glass jaw got shattered in training again.

7. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    It's real. The Gypsy King has come in at the last and made the "unmakeable" mega fight AJ and his bent promoter were too scared to. Fury is the true HW champ in and out of the ring. Fury has even more balls than Eddie sucks on a Friday night.

8. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Didn't Wilder say something today about the fight being in the spring?

I don't think it will come off. Wilder will talk and then walk. Fury is going to have to work his way back to #1 contender if he wants Wilder in the ring.

9. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I fully expect this fight to be 99% done until Fury fights Pianeta, then it will go quiet for a while until Wilder announces the Breazeale fight and they'll start talking about a fight between them again.

Until it's official it's all talk right now and PR. We've seen enough from both guys in the past to know they are BS merchants of the highest order. They talk the talk but rarely walk the walk.

10. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    To be fair, this is an easier fight to make, as neither guy is a PPV star or brings much of anything to the table financially. Demands from each side should be more realistic as the pot will be tiny in comparison. The issue making the AJ/DW fight is that the pot is HUGE and the B side are asking for an unrealistic split and have walked away from what would basically be 7x their biggest payday. If DW's team are smart, they will avoid the Fury fight, as it could well weaken their negotiating position once the purse splits are released... but DW and his team have a habit of vastly overplaying their hand and pricing themselves out. They should realise that rightly or wrongly they are not getting what they think they deserve, so if team Joshua freeze them out, then Wilder will have to fight 5-10 times (opponent depending) to break even on that $15m offer they walked from.

From a business perspective, Wilders team completely baffle me. Literally cutting their nose off to spite their face.