Apart from some casuals, who would actually buy Whyte - Chisora 2 over Warrington - Frampton?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    You've asked a loaded question so that if you don't get the response you want you label them a casual lol nice one sir.

I would buy Whyte/Chisora over frampton card any day. In fact, I'll be heading down there in person seeing as I missed all the glory the first time round.

Being there in the flesh, two warriors going at it like fine tuned animals.

Whyte has improved since their last bout, and Chisora pulled off a great upset against Takam, not by luck either, he actually trained EXACTLY for that win.

Man it will be so awesome.... however thinking about Frampton bores me to death, and Tuesdays are boring enough

Gatekeeper, Scissors and Heisenberg like this.
  2. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    To each their own, so then what's the point of this thread... to incite division and insults?

I don't want to watch Frampton, I like heavy weights, I like K.Os, and there have been many gifted technical fighters in the HW division and that makes them more special.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  3. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    The hardcore had their channel. It was called Boxnation and its not as if had subscriptions through the roof.

4. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Guess im a casual then as i would pick Whyte/Chisora...first fight was a classic, wouldn't miss the rematch for the world!

Gatekeeper, Scissors and Aydamn like this.
  5. chatty

chatty Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    All comes down to taste. Chisora v Whyte is two top fifteen guys coming of their career best victories in a fight that was voted fight of the year.

Warrington is coming of his career best victory and fighting his best opponent to date who has come back strong after tasting his first loss.

Both are good fights, neither are huge fights warranting PPv but I guess that's how the business rolls these days. The Frampton fight is probably more important on papaper being a world title fight but that doesn't mean it's going to be a better fight. People want to be entertained and there is probably a better chance of that in the heavies.

So, it's swings and roundabouts, what style people want and think they will get out of whichever fight they will go for. Most will watch both anyway.

Potwash, Scissors and Holler like this.
  6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    My point still stands. Casuals are not the saviour of boxing, they only help an extremely small minority.

7. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Frampton Warrington is a good fight but will do shocking numbers.

Holler likes this.
  8. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    don't really see the appeal of Whyte/Chisora II. First fight was unreal, but if it's the same again, i'd be very surprised. Chisora may have won last time out with a great finish, but he was being battered from pillar to post and Whyte needed a headbutt to beat Parker. I'd much rather watch Frampton/Warrington, there is more skill and more variables attached to that than there is Whyte/Chisora.

However, i'm not sure people picking Whyte/Chisora are casuals, if they expect it to be like the 1st, that was a damn good fight and because it's a weak main event PPV, they will have to put a good undercard on

im sparticus and Scissors like this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The bottom line is, neither are ppv worthy. Once you get past that you realise it’s two good fights and you pick one which you stylistically favour, watch both at the same time, or watch one the next day.

AND WHYTE CHISORA ISNT EVEN CONFIRMED (ESPECIALLY ON THEM DATES!)

Potwash likes this.
  10. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Aren't the "casuals" the vast majority of PPV buyers anyway?
    As a boxingfan I wouldn't buy either, because neither fight is PPV worthy imo.

11. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    has it even been announced they're on the same night? didnt think the whyte/chisora fight had been confirmed yet never mind same night

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Will watch both at the same time mate on different screens if needed

im sparticus likes this.
  13. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm sure Jurgen has a streamlined set up going on. He will have VIPleague on the IPad, multiple Twitter stream accounts such as Stream_Planet ready to be accessed on the ps4, and probably has a backup periscope stream at the ready on his mobile phone.

14. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Lool VIP League since 2008

15. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    With his Eddie Hearn pillow beside him that he masturbates furiously on twice a day.