Apart from some casuals, who would actually buy Whyte - Chisora 2 over Warrington - Frampton?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I agree but Whyte vs Chisora as entertaining as it was and may be in the 2nd fight, is not ppv worthy, because it means absolutely nothing if either one win's or losses.

Much more at stake to justify Warrington vs Frampton.

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    None of them are PPV worthy. That’s the bottom line.

velagod and Jurgen like this.
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    We have already seen Brazil play France as well, what's your point.

4. Devon Dog

Devon Dog Member Full Member

Dec 29, 2017
    I would buy Whyte v Chisora but as a Whyte fan I would say that . This rematch will test the skills of the ref more than the fighters . I think Kevin Barry summed up Whyte in his interview on YT where he says Whyte is a junk yard dog ! You know if it is a hyped up fight both of them will be there to win at all costs

5. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Id rather see whyte fight miller, joyce, etc etc than go over old ground. Chisora is a dangerous fight as well, not that arsed about seeing it again though. I d rather watch it than the frampton fight though. Heavyweight is by far the most interesting division.

Scissors likes this.
  6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I think Frampton vs Warrington won't break 100k, where as I think Whyte/Chisora will easily do 500k.[/QUOTE]
    That's what Eddie said!

7. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    You don't have to be a casual to enjoy two heavyweights pounding the **** out of each other for 12 rounds. That is what got most of us in to boxing.

8. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    You can't blame anyone for wanting to see chisora-Whyte have a few shots with each other again

Frampton-Warrington is a better bout for pure boxing, but chisora Whyte 1 was a proper punch up and at the end of the day like or not that's what the vast majority of folk want to see

All this casual talk is silly aswell, I've said it before many of times, without casual fans boxing would be in trouble, if you've ever been to big fights you'll know the % of casual fans massively outweigh pure boxing heads, many arenas are not even a quarter full through the night then main event comes and people start flooding in

People got buzzed up for frampton-quigg , me included, but imo the fight itself wasn't worth a carrot, it had its moments but compared to what it was made out to be it was jank and selby-Warrington wasn't exactly a barn burner so just cos it's frampton-Warrington , doesn't mean it's gonna be a Ppv worthy tear up , Whyte-chisora 2 could also be sh*t, that's boxing, but there's loads of reasons why people would pay for chisora an Whyte again

Personally I'll watch both fights as they both excite me it's really not rocket science

9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    There's mma for that, if you just want to watch mindless beat downs.

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The thing is though, Miller and Whyte are both in good positions with governing bodies they don’t want to risk it. Whyte v Joyce id love to see but Whyte could lose it all and gain nothing and Joyce has it all to gain.

I’ve been critical over the WBA and their belts BUT if WBC, IBF and WBO had some regular belts and the winner became a sort of mandatory for the super champions would we get to see these better match ups? Something on the line to entice the fighters.

11. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    ohhh burn

12. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I wouldn't rule it out, but it would have to be one seriously stacked undercard.

13. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Awful point, two top 10 heavyweights boxing each other on their feet is different to a mindless MMA beatdown. Sorry for enjoying the look of Whyte vs Chisora 2. I will get my casual hat off and begin hating the fight for you.

14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Don't be so defensive I never implied you were a casual.

I just don't believe most tune into boxing just to see two fighters batter each other for 12 rounds.

Takam vs Chisora was one of those fights and even though it was action packed and entertaining, it wasn't at all intriguing. It was just a ugly slug fest with no technique, finesse or wit.

I'd much rather watch a highly skilled fight between two cerebral fighters like Canelo vs GGG where both fighters are trying to out think each other like in a game of chess.

15. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    I beg to differ on both counts.

BigStiffIdiot likes this.