April 1 - Anthony Joshua vs Jermaine Franklin @02 (no PPV)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Dave1311

Dave1311 New Member Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    Probably not mate in all honesty,enjoyed his early fights but since he's tried to re invent himself as boxer/puncher his fights have lost a bit of spark

2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Since the kliatchko fight he really has offered minimal entertainment. Early days he was really exciting.

The thought of paying to see him now is long gone for me

chico g and Dave1311 like this.
  3. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I do find it a bit interesting as we don't know if he wins when he steps in the ring now. Adds a different angle to watching him batter Gary Cornish. Although the latter surname always makes me hungry.

ipitythefool likes this.
  4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    He plays up to a number of stereotypes quite badly, does old AJ, he certainly doesn't help them. I like seeing him get hit, he strikes me as an arrogant self absorbed bellend, the "stay humble" thing was nothing more than a gimmick and the donations he gave out are nothing more than PR, if they weren't we wouldn't know about them. I'll never forget when he said "support local" and then named his favourite local restaurant, a chain that was big in Dubai. Of course he also tried to tell us where we should spend out money when he went one further than thinking he was the second coming of Ali to thinking he was Martin Luther King, before retracting what he said later and trying to hide behind a terrible excuse. "Disgrace to the superior race", another moment where the excuses came out. He's like a teenage boy with his whole entourage, a bunch of d*kcheads that you can picture arroganting it up in a VIP bar somewhere. I used to play Devils Advocate with Joshua, try and see things from both sides of the coin in a bid not to dislike him, he's almost as annoying as Tyson Fury now though and it's getting to the stage where nearly every British heavyweight has me tuning in only in the hope of seeing them get dropped to the canvas, Joyce is the only one I actually like.

5. 08Horacio08

08Horacio08 Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2023
    i like watching him as he can knock out or be knocked out but him being a racist lost me as fan or at least as much of a fan plus he was hypocritical with it also

Agree on Joyce he is awesome... i think he could beat the lot of them maybe Usyk would be hardest for Joyce, not sure

Punchdrunk1 likes this.
  6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Not convinced about that

SKY would be ramming it down the publics throat and impulse buys a plenty would occur

Frankie Blue Eyes and Astro like this.
  7. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    If you look at 02 ticket map and the Stage front one.

There are 1,000s of tickets left for this. I think Earn and AJ have missjudged the desire to see AJ now.

8. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    This its much easier for a casual boxer fan to press the select button bored on a saturday afternoon than to sign up for a platform to wqtch and potentially a contract.

9. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Exactly,
    People are wary to sign up to contracts cos everyone knows most people forget to cancel them right away

Frankie Blue Eyes and Wizbit1013 like this.
  10. TheSwan

TheSwan New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Not seen a lot of AJ since he grew his hair long dyed it pink and tried flogging us all a Google Pixel Phone where's he disappeared to?

11. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    My mum will cook Cornish hens for my birthday next month. I’ll offer up a leg in Gary’s honor.

SeanB1 likes this.
  12. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    AJ vs anyone since Whyte the first time around, was an event. Title fights galore, whether coming off wins or losses, there was a good reason to watch.

AJ vs a relative nobody is not an event. Passing interest maybe and I can see it selling to some casuals via DAZN but wouldn’t travel to see it in person.

Astro and Finkel like this.
  13. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    It will be interesting to see how many new customers DAZN UK will get ?

Will DAZN get their massive investment back or will they lose large sums of money ?

SeanB1 likes this.
  14. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Ferrari chassis, legs up to her arse

SeanB1 likes this.
  15. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I like to think Finchy inspired the wife's tasche