Are athletes really getting faster, better, stronger?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Beouche, Sep 13, 2018.

1. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    he hit over .256 once. he was never even the best at his position of his contemporaries. you obviously learned your sports from shoe commercials.

2. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Wrong again GH !!! .. Go look up his numbers and he hit over 20 HR's 4 years in a row. … You're on a roll here … You must be a millennial

3. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    what on Earth do home runs have to do with batting average? you must be a special lil guy. you obviously know squat about baseball.

4. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    bo jackson was no better than joe carter.

5. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    He batted over 256 twice not once .. so if you do not know what the **** you are talking about .. I suggest you retract your statement about Bo Jackson, or you will be laughed at not only by me, but by anyone who knows about sports … good luck pal

6. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    ,250 is the batting average of the average player. your supposed "best ever" had a career average lower than that. jackson was almost as good as joe carter, but for a far shorter time.

7. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    The subject here is phenomenal athlete … So if you think that Bo Jackson was just an average athlete .. produce just ONE source ONE article that agrees with you … Good luck and I'll chat with you in 10 years when you still haven't found it

8. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    i stated jim brown is widely considered the best ever at two sports. bo jackson is widely considered the best ever at none.

9. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    lets not forget jackson was an absolute butcher in the outfield.

10. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    I wasn't talking about that statement and you know it …. I agree brown was one hell of an athlete. Nice chatting with you GH ,, we can agree to disagree about BO ...all good

11. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    jackson was a good ball player, nowhere near the best. even during his own time. guess we will disagree. notice no one jumping in to your defense?

12. surfinghb

Aug 26, 2017
    why should they?? they already know it … and this is a boxing site .. they could care less

13. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    yet you felt it necessary to bring up your man crush on a shoe salesman.

14. Red Revolving Pepperman

Red Revolving Pepperman New Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2018
    I don't know whether you actually believe the nonsense you write, BitPlayerVesti, but I doubt anybody else does.

The entire forum can see what you're doing here.

It's not about whether I understand energy systems. I didn't quote myself. I quoted Teri Tom, MS, RD, who has a master's degree in nutrition from a respected American university. Who trained Amir Khan and Pacquiao. That's the person you claim doesn't "understand how energy systems work".

Go ahead, BitPlayerVesti. Quote a source directly contradicting Teri Tom's (MS, RD) statement.

That's a cute story, BitPlayerVesti. I'm sure that other Thong Squad members believe these kinds of "just so" myths, explaining why the modern guys got it wrong compared to Victorian alcoholic midgets.

Unfortunately, here in the real world, Callan and Burns reviewed the literature before they gave their opinion:

Sorry, BitPlayerVesti, but I'm going to trust actual experts who did a literature review during graduate-level research on the topic, over Random Internet Man (certificate, honorary, Corbett apologetics), who can't even access the peer reviewed material that @mrkoolkevin quoted.

You didn't "cite" studies, BitPlayerVesti. You sprayed a bunch of links without quoting the specific sections that allegedly contradicted mine. You "cited" studies like a kid throwing together his first college paper, and then whined that I didn't take your claims seriously.

@mrkoolkevin proved that he could do the same thing you did, just a few pages ago. And he admits he doesn't know the field. And he was better at it than you, since most of his links were peer reviewed work rather than "High Octane Training" from "Testosterone Nation."

Even your oblivious Thong Squad sidekick @cross_trainer proved that he (she?) could Google a source. (Unfortunately, it agreed with me.) But like you, no analysis was provided.

Why do you feel so threatened by real scientists that you call them pseudoscientists and their work "trash", BitPlayerVesti?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  15. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    You flagged me in a post just to parenthetically insult me? :lol:

BitPlayerVesti likes this.