Are Fury and Wilder still #1 and #2 ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Unforgiven, May 3, 2021.

1. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    A like I said before, better fighters have lost against lesser opposition also. Joshua has beaten better than Ruiz. Any fighter can have a bad night. You have to break down exactly WHY he lost, not that he lost.

He got his tactics/approach wrong on the night, he changed his style a lot, and the AJ from the 2nd fight would beat Andy Ruiz from fight 1.

2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Ruiz is a Chisora level fighter and was a late replacement and Aj lunged in there and got countered. Joshua is number 2 and is highly skilled but the fact and Aj he has a porcelain jaw so he couldn't take Ruiz's shots, but he dominated in the rematch and would dominate Ruiz in any future rematches no matter Ruiz's shape. All the loss shows is Aj just has a glass chin, but he still has the best resume in the division.

3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    AJ was far more agrress8ve and landed far more on Rui,lz in their secind fight than Fury did against Wlad. Woukd you say Fury was petrified of Wlad?

4. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    No matter how many times you parrot the "Joshua (or "AJ") best record in the division" myth, doesn't make it true.

He bought his title from Charles Martin, who won the title by default, and is terrible. He then faced absolute bums like Molina and Breazeale, a Euro level guy in Takam, Povetkin who has never held a world title and was old and Parker who lost to Whyte who is apparently British level. He fought old, inactive Klitschko in ..... the UK, just like in all of these wins, and went life and death with him. He then lost to Rice Pudding Jr who hasn't beaten anybody decent in his career and is a morbidly obese, short, fat guy who got dropped by 40 year old formerly retired bum Arreola. You love to forget that records must be weighed up with their losses. This is an enormous stain on the record. He then beat him in a terrible bout.

Fury has 3 top level wins, and has also faced similar opposition for the rest of his wins. Fury dethroned two very long reigning champions, in their venue of choice.

Any time anybody says Joshua has the best record in the division is seriously clutching at straws and is completely deluded. Go through each of his wins like I have in response. Give me a good laugh.

Did you just compare 5'11'' 290lbs Andy Rice Pudding Jr to..... 6'5'' 245lbs long reigning champion with one of the hardest right hands and best jabs in history Wladimir Klitschko?

Wow.

NEETzschean likes this.
  5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    LOL i expected better from you. Complete bias. Nobody has ever said Martin or Breazeale or Molina or Takam are his top wins whatsoever. Joshua and Fury both beat old Klitschko who is levels above Deontay Wilder but for the sake of resume Fury's win over Klitschko is clearly better because he easily beat Klitschko and took his belts

But who is Fury's next best win. Wilder ? LMAO you must be smokin that strong. Wilders best win is 2 fights against old Luis Ortiz who himself has only beaten Bryant Jennings and in addition to that he got saved by the bell in the first fight and got schooled in the second fight before landing his hail mary right hand. Wilder took the belt from a bum Bermane Stirvine and defended it against other bums like Duhapas, Molina, Breazeale, Washington, and Szpilka yet you never mentioned those fights now did you. Funny thing is that 3 of those bums gave him a hard fight. Povetkin never won a world title because his only loss was to Wladimir Klitschko in his prime. Povetkin past his prime KO'd Whyte who has a better resume then Wilder himself and he did this TWO years after Aj beat him.

Who's Fury's third best win behind overrated 1 trick pony Wilder ? Chisora ? You mean the guy who got schooled by Kubrat Pulev and got Knocked out by Whyte ? Funnily enough didn't Fury duck Whyte for the diamond belt and threaten to vacate his belt if they forced Fury to fight his mandatory ? Hmm. Lmao if Aj beats Fury I better not hear any inactivity excuses. Aj is no Lennox Lewis but you don't have to be a Lennox Lewis to dominate this era.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Mitch87 likes this.
  6. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    if joshua doesnt fight wilder or fury, he deserves to be judged harshly.

waitakiwylie likes this.
  7. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Why?

I mean AJ team attempted to make fight and made about half dozen career high purses in doing so. Wilders team turned down them all down and his own manager stated he had no real interest in fighting AJ.

Fury has already turned down an offer from AJs team to fight the likes Schwarz and Wallin instead. Although I am optimistic they will fight this year.

AJ team can't force the opposition to get in the ring with him. The evidence clearry reports that his management where the only side attempting to make the Wilder fight.

At present we can only go on their reumes and AJ clesrly has best and deepest (Wilder doesnt even have a resume top merit top 5 let alone AJ).

8. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    The Whyte fight was SIX years ago. Joshua was dropped four times and quit against Ruiz. The Parker fight was a boring 12-rounder.

Again, if Joshua fights Tyson Fury in a unification bout, floors Fury twice, nearly has him out, and the fight ends in a draw ...

Will any of you say ... but Joshua's boring decision win over Parker was so much better? No.

Or will you say Joshua getting floored four times himself and quitting against Ruiz, and then winning a boring 12-round decision was so much better? No.

Or will you say the Whyte fight before either Joshua or Whyte even sniffed a belt was better than flooring the World Champ Fury twice and the fight ending in draw? NO

Because that would be RIDICULOUS. But you routinely trot out those performances and say they are better than Wilder doing that to Fury.

And it's ridiculous! (LOL)

If Joshua accomplishes what Wilder did against Fury, dropping him twice, drawing with him, it will be the BIGGEST accomplishment of Joshua's career on the biggest stage.

I can't believe you guys think the Parker fight or the Whyte fight when they were up-and-comers is a bigger deal.

You guys are either lying or you are totally in denial.

That's all I can think.

And, sorry, running for 12 rounds against Ruiz in a return didn't erase the cowardly act of spitting out his mouthpiece and quitting against Ruiz when there was nothing wrong with him. No broken hands. No torn biceps. No broken jaw or split nose or too many cuts to see thru the blood. He could use both arms and legs.

He just quit when the going got too tough. Spit out his mouthpiece and quit then grabbed the mic and smiled and gave a speech, after getting dropped four times and quitting against a then-unrated late sub.

Joshua's recent wins in no way measure to Wilder's wins over the currently fourth-rated Ortiz. Hell, if Joshua fought Ortiz next, and and stopped him, like Wilder did, THAT would be the biggest win in Joshua's career in four years.

Wilder did that twice in the last three years.

You guys are all in denial. Just keep telling yourself the Parker win was awesome and the Whyte win SIX YEARS AGO still merits a #2 rating. (LOL)

I never saw someone lean on one non-title, early-career win for so long in my life.

You guys are lost. Joshua hasn't done anything in YEARS. I know, because if Joshau had, you would talk about it. Instead, you talk about Wilder fights in 2015 and 2017 and Joshua fights in 2015 and 2017 ... because talking about fights in the last three years show Joshua doesn't belong that high anymore. (LOL)

You are all living in 2017, and it's 2021.

Catch up!

Enjoy your day.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  9. TMLT87

TMLT87 Active Member Full Member

Feb 21, 2021

Lmao @ you trying to hype that draw up so much. A gift draw that most people considered a robbery, against a guy who had been back for like 6 months after years of inactivity and abusing his body, who then subsequently destroyed him in the rematch. The idea that that was a bigger achievement than knocking out Wlad is utterly laughable. You must either be the worlds biggest Wilder fan or you're taking the ****.

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Not this crap again.

Wilder is not No 2, end of.

waitakiwylie likes this.
  11. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    No. Wilder should never have been #2 anyway. He's a total fraud, and he's packing glass in that fragile mandible of his. There's a reason he fought nothing but stiffs for most of his career.

12. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    1. Fury
    2. Joshua
    3. Wilder
    The rest.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    You live on another planet

TMLT87, sword and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  14. waitakiwylie

waitakiwylie New Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    I think it all depends on how well you rate Wilders opponents. Ortiz being the tricky one, as he was the most avoided contender in the division. If your opinion is like mine and you think Ortiz had the tools and could have beaten AJ a couple of years ago - then you rate Wilders 2x wins very highly.
    Hopefully they will fight each other before Wilder gets too old.