Are we finally going to get Khan/Brook?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BoxingABC1, Dec 14, 2016.

1. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    With haye vs bellew and then AJ vs Wlad. March/April is simply not possible.

Unless khan is saying he is happy to be chief support which I hugely doubt.

May/early June is the only realistic date.

2. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    It would be a good time for Khan to take it if you ask me. Before Brook and GGG I would have fancied Brook to dismantle Khan. Even if Khan won the first few rounds, I would have expected Brook to land the harder punches to start breaking him down. I'd have then expected Brook to dominate from the middle rounds, forcing the stoppage.

But we don't know what Brook is going to come back from GGG. If it takes him a while to get into the Khan fight because he's hesitant, nervous about his injury etc, then I could see Khan being ahead by the mid-rounds and relatively unscathed. He could then hold on after a Brook rally in the second half of the fight.

Subak likes this.
  3. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Are people over playing the eye injury Brook suffered. Considering it was a good couple of weeks before he even had surgery that kinda tells me he will be fine.

Not like doctor's were telling him he needs surgery straight after the fight.

4. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    From what I've been told about the injury, he should have a full recovery. I don't think there are many complications in fracturing your eye socket as far as the bone healing is concerned.

I just think it gives Khan a big advantage if Brook doesn't come out of the traps quickly. Considering the psychological effects, and Brook having to come back down in weight, it could help Khan survive early on. Against any quality opposition, Khan's best chance is to get through the first half of the fight without taking too much damage.

As a Brook fan it pisses me off we are even having the conversation. Pre-GGG I would have thought it a nailed on Brook KO win.

5. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    The (or one of) doctor/s that treated Brooks eye is a good friend of mine. Without totally ignoring patient confidentiality, I can say the eye is not beyond repair and will hopefully recover very well. I wouldn't let it affect your predictions about this fight, Kell will be firing on all cylinders in his next bout.

6. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Kell nearly lost his leg psychological effects lol
    Kell is a mentally strong man khan ain't
    If anyone will be edgey looking it will be khan he cannot have any confidence iin that chin of his
    Its over man its over
    If this happens I'm telling you all now its a mismatch brook is a level if not two above khan in ervery department other than hand speed

7. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Kell also sustained serious injuries when he was stabbed in Sheffield in 2007. He has vowed to finish Khan's career.

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Yeah damn right

Psychological effects I swear there is a right set of agenda set fan boys round theses parts

Khan anyone honestly tell me khan could handle kells life on his own with no big ass team carefully guiding everything he say or does and him dealing with the lows and the stalling of ones career , what about a promoter making him play second fiddle to some one eles
    He just ain't his own man who ain't mentally strong he needs people telling him yes and watching what he says and telling him how to act

9. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Could this sneak onto the undercard of Eubank Jr / Quillan? Just a thought..... would be worth ten pounds then...

10. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    War of the Roses. Stadium fight. As Brook is the champ it should be on 'his' turf and Sheffield has a strong boxing scene.

Would be epic at Bramall Lane. City centre location for a stadium fight.

11. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Does anyone care at this stage. I don't.

I don't think you need to be a puncher to KO Khan. He should hang the gloves off.

His delusional comments comparing Brook GGG with him and Canelo. Kell got injured. Khan got put to sleep

12. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Don't see this ever happening. Khan is going to end up paralysed if he keeps getting brutally knocked out cold.

Champagne Popping likes this.
  13. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    It won't happen theres always some excuse from this bum joke Khan

But Brook/Hearn shouldn't even bother giving him a payday and exposure. It goes without saying Brook will knock out Khan, it's a total mismatch. Khan is a totally irrelevent nobody in the sport of boxing currently and thats where he should remain. He doesn't deserve a shot at nothing.. if he was fighting for a title it should be for the British title against Bradley Skeete.

14. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    It's the biggest payday avaliable for both but there is no doubt brook has more options. Brook can fight Spence or the other WW Champs.

The only reason Khan is even discussing the fight now is because there are no other big paydays out there. Not a chance he would fight the winner of Garcia/Thurman for 25%. Khan can't risk losing again before a possible brook fight. Another defeat and that fight is gone.

The way he tries to justify the Canelo KO by saying the shot would of knocked anyone out is desperate. The difference being not every other fighter would leave themselves open to take such a shot.

15. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Unless Amir is desperate for a big payday it wouldn't be sensible for him to take this fight, he's been battered and knocked out too many times, another bad beating and he could get seriously hurt.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Khan can win against Brook is borderline clueless about boxing, as others have said timing beats speed (Khan's one strength) and Kell has timing, technique and power in abundance.