Are you going to give Wlad Credit for winning or not?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ayatollah, Jul 7, 2007.

1. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Sounds about right.
    I'm expecting Wladimir to stop Brewster, so it's a tough one to do better than that...but I'm still expecting it to take a few rounds, so if Wladimir got him out of their within just 3 or 4 rounds or something then that would be notable.

2. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Bump- That was a pretty convincing paint job on Brewster, and it can now be stated that WK has, indeed, come into his own over the last year or so. He still has his flaws, but it's gonna take a pretty special fighter/performance to beat him.

3. 1lehudson

1lehudson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    He should get about the same amount of credit that all the other guys that beat Brewster got. I said it before the first fight, Brewster is a bum. Wlad got beat by a bum and some of you cats wanted to raise the bum to elite status. Everything before or after his knockout win of Wlad showed that Brewster isnt a great or even good fighter. The guy was a bum that hit a another guy that has a weak chin and got him out of there. Which for Wlad isnt that big of a deal, being that other bums have knocked him out as well.

4. ChampionsForever

ChampionsForever ESB VIP

Dec 3, 2004
  5. pit

pit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    nope , because beating Brewster does nothing for him now , beating a guy that was out for over a year due to a detacher retina , I don't see any fighter coming back from such an injury and competing at top level with out a tune up after being non active for over a year , including not being in the Gym that whole time.

even Ray Leonard fought Kevin Howard before he return to top level competition.

6. elTerrible

elTerrible TeamElite General Manager Full Member

May 24, 2006
    He should get credit, expecially for fighting with a broken hand since the first round.

Everyone likes to talk about how fragile he is or how he has no heart. He never once complained about the hand injury the other night.

7. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    People give Wlad credit for beating a 34 year old ring-worn Brewster, but refuse to give credit to Hatton for beating a 34 year old ring-worn Castillo.

Is it because Hatton is a white European? :think

8. 1lehudson

1lehudson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    I could be wrong, but isnt Wlad also a white European:huh

9. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    You're mistaken. "Wlad The Drac" is his nickname which he got for his reputation for big love-bites. His real name is Nathaniel Washington, and he comes from the South Bronx.

10. Loufatski

Loufatski Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 31, 2004
    Too easy, and we all knew it... Bring on Golota!